Chapter 2

Chapter Two:

Later that night, I laid in bed thinking about the options I had for my situation. This is too complicated for me to deal with at my young age. I wish there was a way out, but there's not and I know I'm going to have to deal with this somehow, some way. 

I got up off my bed and looked into the long mirror on my door and examined every which way of myself. There's no way I can do this. I'm not tough enough to deal with this! I'm only 16, I have my whole life ahead of me. 

I was interrupted by the sound of my cell phone ringing. I looked at my cell phone, it was Valerie calling me. Maybe I should tell her my situation, maybe she'll have an idea of how I should deal with this. Or, she could totally abandon me and leave me with no best friend. Don't get me wrong, I have other friends, but Valerie, she's my best friend.  

I gave in and answered the phone. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

Hey Liv, what's up?" Val asked. 

"Nothing much, Amel dropped me off right after school, I didn't feel like fooling around today." I replied. 

"That's unlike you..." Val said. 

"No, I just had so much home work to do and I'd never get it done with Amel kissing my neck." I explained. 

"For which class?" Val asked me. 

"Uhm...Ms. Goldstein..." I stuttered as I replied. 

"We have that class together and she didn't give us any..." Val said. 

"Liv, I know somethings wrong with you, go ahead and tell me." Val said. 

"There's nothing wrong with me!" I said with anger in my voice 

"Yes there is, I've been your best friend since 3rd grade, I know when something is wrong with you." Val said. 

"I gotta go, mom wanted me to go pick up some milk from the store." I said and hung up before Val could respond to that. 

I turned my phone off then so Val or anyone else couldn't call me. 

The next morning I awoke throwing up, so I stayed home from school. It was around 12:00pm when I heard the door bell ring. So, I got out of bed and went downstairs to see who was at the door. I peeked through the peep hole on the door, it was Amel. Crap, he knows I'm home.  

"Hey Amel..." I said softly. 

"Val said you weren't at school, so I skipped to see if you were okay." Amel said and put his hands on my waist and pulled me close to him. 

"I was sick this morning, it's nothing." I said. 

"Dosen't seem like nothing if your home sick from school." Amel said. 

"I'm fine now..." I said. 

"Val called me yesterday..." Amel started to say. 

"Oh she did..." I said with a panicy voice. 

"She's worried about you and after what she told me, so am I." Amel said. 

"She dosen't know what she's talking about, I am perfectly fine." I said getting annoyed. 

"Just tell me what's up." Amel said. 

"I'm fine, what do you want me to say?" I asked. 

"You just aren't acting like yourself and I know it's not your time of the month because that was last week...right?" Amel asked me. 

"Well...not exactly..." I replied softly. 

"What do you mean?" Amel asked me. 

"Amel, babe...I'm pregnant..." I replied with tears in my eyes. 

"What? You're joking right?" Amel asked. 

"No, I took a pregnancy test last week when I missed my period, it was positive." I replied. 

"Shit" Amel said and punched the wall. 

"Don't get mad." I said. 

"How can I not get mad?" Amel asked. 

"I'm going to be a fucking dad, I'm seventeen years old!" Amel yelled. 

"Okay, Amel, I don't need this..." I said calmly. 

"I don't need your help with this, I can manage on my own." I said. 

"Call me when you can deal with this like a man, instead of complaining." I said and shut the door.