Isabelle's Goodbye Speech

Max, I just want to say that I am sorry. I can't help but feel guilty, that it's my fault that you are gone. I should have listened to you, but that's not why I am here. I am here to tell you that I love you.

I remember when you were born, so small and fragile in our mother's arms, and how, as you grew older, you began to understand the ways of a shadow hunter. I remember not getting any sleep at night because you would run up and down the halls with the toy Jace gave you, and how you always used to put more milo in the cup than milk. I remember the day Clary came to the institute, and was teaching you how to read Manga, and how you always felt so left out when we didn't involve you in any training or fighting we would get ourselves into. We were just trying to protect you, but I can see now that it was wrong. Maybe if we had taught you how to fight you could have defended yourself better, but there is nothing we can do now. I guess I just want to say that I love you Max and you were an amazing little brother, and I will never forget all the little things you used to do that made yourself so, you, like getting into my makeup supply when you were 5 and giving yourself a complete makeover, or picking up my whip and nearly slashing my curtains in half. I love you with all my heart and I will never forget you, and I'm sorry.