DAY 4 (pt.1)

“Ugh” I yelled at the person annoying me for the past 10 minutes.

“It’s hiking day!!” I realized that it was Tracy because who else could be excited about hikes other than her.

After bickering with everyone in the room for a while, I finally gave up and got out of bed. I got ready for the hike straight away and got out of the room in the end as always.

We were supposed to assemble in the no man’s land after breakfast for the instructions about the so-called hike just that it was a really long walk not on mountains but in a humongous restricted area of the jungle that was conditioned so that no dangerous animal could enter.

“Each one of you will be assigned a partner with whom you will spend most of the day with. The walk will start from a common point and you will have to use the map to get to the treasure in the jungle and get back to the no man’s land. The first pair to do that will be the winner and will become the kings or queens of the camp for the day.”

Brandon talked about the walk for quite a long time and

on hearing all of that, our reactions were as mixed as the chocolate chip in a milkshake, you don’t know about its existence until you are drinking and it’s in your mouth and you bite it and the flavors burst into your mouth.

I, on the other hand, was pretty excited about it not because I would have to walk and work with a random human being all day but because winning such a trivial game and becoming the queen of the entire camp was an attractive prize for me. It might be meaningless for a lot of people but for me, it was the best thing ever because I for one love surprises, understanding clues and finding stuff.

But little did I know that the universe had not stopped conspiring against me.

“However, once again you will not be given the choice to choose your partner and no matter what you will be taking a part in the hunt with the assigned person only or you will not be able to become the winner” Jack commanded being the strict one in the pair of camp instructors we had

The list went on and on but I didn’t get my partner so when Brandon asked if he missed anyone I raised my hand only to hear a round of laughter and gasps and cusses.

“What is going on?” I asked David who was standing beside me.

“Ra, don’t freak out okay but look around you.”

I do what he says and look around only to find out just one more hand raised up along with mine and that being Alex’s.

“Holy mother of...” I said in an instant as soon as I recognized that bracelet on that hand.

“Well I guess then you both are the last pair.” Brandon announced.

“Hey it is not as bad as it seems, it is just a game” Tracy came to me and said that to make me feel better and not lose hope on something I was so excited to be a part of.

“Yeah.right. Because knowing him, he doesn’t give a shit about this game until he is challenged and given that he has been paired with me there is not one possibility that he would even go into the jungle with me to even try and win. So yeah it is not as bad as it looks just my dreams of winning this one game I was excited to take a part in are crushed.” I smiled at her sarcastically after completing my blabbering.

I went and stood at the starting point knowing that I’ll have to go in the jungle alone and that even though I could not win and was scared to go all alone, I will have to go. I needed to go for myself.

But did I forget that I and my life never fail to surprise me.