A Month Or More

There. That guy.

Jesus, just look at that fucker's tie. What the hell is he wearing? I looked at the picture given to me and looked back at the guy. Yep. That's him. The last of my targets. Finally. Well let's chop him up. I jump, slashing both blades to stab him through the chest. Now it looks like that thing you plug stuff into. It's called art. And lazy work. I just wanted to finish it off quickly so I could go home. And see Alix. I missed her. The whole day was spent on assassination and tracking. The boring stuff. For one, I'm glad Fury's letting me kill them, for two, I'm glad I'm getting out of paperwork for this one.

He's doing that because you saved her life. Again.

Not that I mind saving her life. But thanks for making it sound like a bad thing George. In any case at all I'd just make my way home in the middle of the night, fairly unwounded. Except this huge cut on my back but that'd heal. It's just annoying now.

Doctors said Alix wasn't going to be fit to use her abilities or do more training until about a week or so. The good news, that was very conveniently about two weeks ago. In other words, she's back in business. Been back for a while. The bad news? Still no ability usage allowed. For a long time. But hey, least I can train her with swords and stuff. And she isn't one for following rules either.

Your fighting styles are quite similar though.

Point taken. Then again she dodges to the right so that's the difference. Also, she's better with a gun. And can use both at the same time while I only have a pair of arms.

Still figuring out how to teach?

I just hack 'n' slash bro. I don't do the whole 'swordplay theory' thing. Okay so I did learn a little of the fundamentals in Japan and stuff but Alix has a more Chinese style really, I'm not even kidding. I mean, just watch one Jackie Chan movie. Or Chinese Kungfu drama involving swords. You'd get what I mean.

"Hey Wade." Alix was right in front of me, smiling. I stopped walking and stared at her.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I got bored and couldn't sleep, so I came out for a walk. Since you went out to do some people-hunting. How did it go?" She asked, taking my hand. Hers feel cold again, but at least she's wearing gloves now. I have a feeling it's more out of fear than the cold.

"Last guy had a shit fashion sense. Who wears a puke-green tie with duckies on it?" I half-joke, and Alix smiled.

"I like it when we lace our fingers. It makes me feel closer to you." She admitted, and I smiled. I have a strong temptation to let go of her hand to throw it over her shoulder, but before I could put that plan into action I had snow dumped over my head.

"Hey, Doctor said no abilities." I said, but I'm grinning at her. She winked playfully.

"Well, then I'd have to do it some other way, aye?"

"What are you- Oof!" She had immediately let go of my hand to scoop up snow to throw at my face. In response, I started a snowball fight.

The result? Screaming, accidental ability and two very cold people.

"Now I regret dumping snow on your head whenever I get the chance." She said, shivering, but I can see that she's smiling. So here we are, both lying on the couch, her head against my chest, my arms wrapped around her. Her skin's cold despite the space heater.

"I don't. I like how that's a thing."

"Yeah, but it ends with two very frozen bodies." She complained, shivering again. I smirked.