02. The Second Phase.

"Can you handover me the medicines?" asked Mr. Mrihak. Mrihak Roychowdhury. A 62-year old humble but weak man. Weak as in not physically. He was an emotionally weak man. His wife died 10 years back. Moinak was his only son and had a wife and kid. Mrihak loved his grandson. He loved his son also but Moinak was little less attentive towards him.

"Here dadu, your medicines. Have them on time.. even after I go." said Aritra. Aritra Roychowdhury was Mrihak's grandson. He was 21 year old was very close to his grandpa. He loved his grandpa as his mother and father didn't have enough time for him. "When are you leaving Myra?" asked Mrihak.

Myra was Moinak's wife and too busy to answer her father in law. Mrihak felt embarrassed to ask his question twice. "Dadu we are leaving in half an hour." said Aritra. Mrihak smiled. He hugged Aritra and cried silently. All his life he earned respect and money to give all the leisures to his family and in return he was getting neglected.

Moinak rushed in the house and yelled ,"Myra? We are getting late darling. The car is waiting outside. Aritra come fast. Dad we are leaving. And take care." Mrihak gave a peck on Aritra's cheek and smiled at Moinak.

They were leaving the house and shifting to another lane. Mrihak knew the reason. He was a liability on his own son. Mrihak wasn't upset as his son and daughter in law left the place. He was upset as his grandson also left. "Goodbye Dadu. Take care. I'll call you at night." waved Aritra.

As they all left..the house was just 4 piece of walls. Mrihak knew if he would stay in and think about everything, he might die alone. So he decided to take a walk outside. It was 6 in the evening and cool wind was taking all over the place. As he strode outside, he saw a truck getting unloaded by furniture in the next house.

Out of curiousity, he went near the house. He assumed somebody was shifting in there. Suddenly he got a tap on his shoulder and he turned around ,"Kaku. Take this sweets. We have just shifted here. And I think I have seen you somewhere?" said a girl in her 20's. Mrihak was confused. He said, "Yeah. I am Mrihak Roychowdhury. I just live next to your house. You must have seen me in Kolkata Daily papers. I am the ex-owner. Who are you young lady?"

She had a shine in her eyes. She said, "Oh my god. I am a huge fan of your articles. I am Reeya. Reeya Mukherjee. I am a free-lance journalist. I and my husband have just shifted here. My husband is Mr. Soumitro Mukherjee. He would also be pleased to meet you sir!" Mrihak asked, "Soumitro Mukherjee means the industrialist? I would be pleased to meet him too. And very nice to meet you beta. You can call me kaku. It sounds better than sir."

Reeya smiled. She waved at Mrihak and left. Mrihak thought, "What a cheery girl! Happy-go-lucky!" and left with returning to his own difficulties.

If only he knew Reeya Mukherjee despairs had never seen any ends.