Chapter 2

It's been almost a week we've been here and we sorta got into a routine. We got up at the crack of dawn, I'll make breakfast and then we'll head out. At first the hands were shocked to see a woman out but they quickly got used to it as soon as my brother asked them if they had a problem. With the look he gave them he scared me as well. My job was simple, feed the animals, clean the stall and then back to house to make breakfast for all the ranch hands. It was a task but I got it done just as quickly.

Today on the menu was porridge, it was fast and simple and I can make alot at a time.

"Hey sis what have you got for us am mighty hungry." I smiled at my brothers enthusiastic response to get breakfast.

"Porridges on the menu Charlie," I said as I ruffled his already messed up hair.

"Okay when we're done here we'll head into town we need some supplies and new clothes. We'll also go the bank to see about the money grandfather left us. So as soon as your done here we'll head off it's a little ways to get to town."

"Okay!" I said excitedly. I was looking forward to get into town,my dresses were being to thread out and I was excited to buy a few. Your probably wondering why I don't just buy cloth, we'll the thing is sewing isn't really my thing, I pricked my fingers more times than I could count. Am a little different from the average girl but being different is better than being just plain. Well that's what my momma always said before she passed away.

Blue Mountain was 2 hours away from the ranch and the sun was already high in the sky by the time we left home.

"Do you think it'll be a big Town Charlie?"I asked.

"I don't think it'll be that big, maybe it'll have a railway passing through. I always wanted to see a train Ella." Charlie exclaimed excitedly.

I smiled at the exited look on my brothers face he always talks about seeing a train and hearing the nose and seeing the type of people on bored. I on the other hand wanted to see if the books were talking the truth about how rich people act. Uptight and snoggish if that even is a word. The beautiful jewel they have and the lovely dresses even through I don't really like to wear it I'll appreciate it on someone else.

It took another half hour to get to town and we won't disappointed with what we say. There was a railway passing through the town and Charlie was particularly vibrating on top of the horse with excitement. There's was only one muddy street and the railway was in the middle, on the sides of the road were a bunch of stores. There was a Mercantile, livery for the horses, a doctor's office, bank, a cafè, a sheriffs office/ jail and a big hotel for when the people on the train have to stop for a night.

This place was buzzing with a lot of people some looked like locals others look like they were just visiting family.

A loud shout could be heard from a man on top of a horse riding at a break neck speed.

"Everyone get to the sides we have a herd of cattle passing through any minute!" He exclaimed. As soon as he finish said that I could feel the vibrations from the floor go through all of my body. I thought people would start to panic but surprisingly they all moved quickly and quietly to the sides of the road to let the cattle through. Maybe this was a usual occasion for them and they were used to it. Any little noise would spook the cattle but everyone stayed quiet and waited for the cattle to pass through. A bunch of cowboys could be seen at the front and the sides of the cattle controlling there every move. One particular guy though was very very handsome, he had a mop of black curly hair, very muscular from what I can see, had a five o clock shadow growing and his his clothes were dirty but who minds right.

I took a look around and most of the female population eyes were on him. Seems like am not the only one who appreciates a good sight. It took about fifteen minutes for the cattle to clear out of town and to wherever it is there destination is.

I was pulled out of my day dreaming by my dear brother,"Come along Ella let's hitch our horses at the livery and take a look around town." We hitched our horses, paid the fee with our last cent and was now on our to the bank to collect or inheritance.

The bank teller was a pain that's all I can say, I was very very close to knocking his teeth in but then again that's not very ladylike and I'll like to stay out of jail. He asked Charlie and I a bunch of questions grandfather gave him as a precaution in case we were an imposter. He still didn't believe us and we answered all his question correctly.

"Look here mister am very close to knocking your teeth in if you don't give us what we came for!"

"I beg your pardon young lady"

"Ella don't" said Charlie.

"Give us our money you old hag!"

"Watch your tone with me young lady!"

"Ella stop it!"

"He doesn't want to give us our money why would I stop!"

"Sir please we answered all your questions why won't you give us our money?"

"Show him the letter Charlie, the letter maybe he'll believe us then and I won't have to go to jail for beating him up." The look on the tellers face was priceless maybe if I wasn't talking the truth about beating him up I'll probably laugh at his expression.

"Here's the letter he sent us sir, we aren't lieing." He took a while looking at it and finally he opened his mouth.

"Fine I'll get you the money. Do you want all of it cause it's quite a lot." He said. My brother answered him and went to get the desired amount for us. Mean while my brother took this as an opportunity to lecture me.

"Ella you can't go around calling people names and threatening to beat them up."

"He wasn't going to give us the money I had to go to extreme lengths to make him give us it."

"You sound like a criminal, do you want to go to jail?"

"No of course not!"

"Then stop acting like that everytime, your a lady for heaven's sake" he said angrily. I really don't get why he's so angry I was just acting like my normal self. I decided to not say anything and just walk away.

I was outside the bank slightly hurt, slightly angry at myself for my behaviour in there. I realized that with my actions am giving my brother a bad name in the town we just earlier in the week arrived at.

A little while after the door opened and my brother walked out." Let's head to the mercantile get some stuff for the house what do you say?" I just nodded my head and walked in the direction of the store.

Mrs. Stanza was a lovely old lady who owned the store. Her husband died a few years back and her son is in another place working. She asked Charlie and I a bunch of questions about where we came from, our parent etc. I wasn't really answering so Charlie was the one talking. I was at the the back of the store choosing some ready made dresses to alter for my liking when my brother came.

"Ella what's going on, you aren't saying anything." I just shrugged my shoulder and continued looking for the cheapest of the dresses.

"How about this one, it's pretty?" He held up a more expensive dress and was waving it in front my face. I took the dress from his hand and just rest it back with the others, that one isn't my style and it's expensive that's a big no no in my book.

Charlie grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face him " Ella what's going on with you?" I was so lost in my head, I heard what he said but my brain was taking it's time in thinking up a response.

"Nothing nothing am good," I said soflty.

"Well come on let's finish up here we have to head back home soon. We spent most it the day getting to know the locals and buy stuff to carry back at home. Home never taught I'll have so much money in my whole entire life. But its been a week and I think the both of us are doing pretty well for ourselves in a place we've never been before.