CHAPTER ELEVEN | Movie and Chill, maybe?

-[Charlotte]-

That was honestly the best date I've ever had, I didn't realise Alex had it in him. The night was so magical. I hope he surprises me with more dates, I should probably plan some for him too but I'm no good in those types of things.

To be honest, Alex is the first person I've 'dated'. I was too busy growing up to have a steady boyfriend, so I just didn't bother, don't get me wrong I've had flings but nothing to steady. I have a good feeling about this marriage though, I just hope my gut is right.

I'm pretty sure that he did find my 'secret' list though. The Empire State Building and Central Park were both on there, but I can't figure out how he knew Morgenstern's is my favourite ice cream place.

We've gotten on so well this last week well except for my meltdown this morning but I'm expecting something to drop. It's been too perfect.

I wasn't expecting his response when I asked him why he acted like he did all those years ago. I know there's more to his story to why he was so mean to me, but I'll give him time.

And Stacy the bitch, if I ever see her I'll wring its neck. Like honestly, who does that. Five years is a long time to set someone up, she must have gotten so much from him and just to throw it all away. She better pray that I never see her, Alex might be an arsehole, but no one deserves that.

I hope he never comes to think that I'm with him just for his money. He's got another thing coming if he thinks that'll work considering I'm worth more than him. I might not live like I'm rich but I am. In American, Charlotte Evans is well off however, Charlotte Thornton is loaded.

It was sweet for Alex to offer to support my business, it was so unexpected. I just didn't know how to tell him I've got plenty of money to start it, I just need the time.

Maybe I should take the time and start planning now that I'm married. It's not like I have to actually work at this point. I don't want to rely on him too much though, as much as this marriage requires us to live like we are really married, I don't want him to pay for everything for me. I want to do things for him, but I don't know how I would explain the sudden amount of money.

Being a princess does have its advantages, like money for instance, but I don't like spending it. I only spend the money I make myself, I feel less guilty that way.

I probably should make an effort to start getting changed, I've been standing in the middle of my room daydreaming for god knows how long. I just can't get over how great tonight was.

And don't even get me started on when he called me princess. I know it's just a nickname but still, I hope he didn't notice me flinch.

I liked when he called me sweet pea and sweetheart though, princess not so much.

∞∞∞

I'm currently changing after my shower and I've decided I don't want tonight to end so I decided that I'm going to ask him to watch a movie with me.

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, I know he's in there.

Here goes nothing.

"Um, Alex?" I say as he turns around.

"Would you like to watch a movie and cuddle?" I ask.

His face goes blank and he just stares at me. Oh, I think I've gone too far.

"Um, it's alright if you don't want to," I quickly say. He now has the biggest smile on his face as he walks towards me.

"Come on sweetheart, let's go and get comfy," he says while grabbing my hand.