c h a p t e r t w e l v e

Start from the beginning

" You're not ready. I wish I could tell you, I really do, but I can't." he protested.

" Not ready for what?!" I cried out helplessly.

I was sick and tired of not understanding anything.

I was sick and tired of not knowing anything about the damn connection Storm made with me.

I was sick and tired of being held in the dark.

"I'm just so... confused," I admitted.

My head lowered and my eyes focused on the tiled floor.

" Hey..." Storm whispered.

His thumb went underneath my chin, pushing it upwards.

My eyes met his, again.

They softened as they gazed into my dull brown eyes; eyes that are nothing compared to his.

"I'm sorry I'm keeping you in the dark," he murmured; his voice slightly raspy yet beautiful like always.

" I'll tell you everything when the time comes."

I nodded.

" When is the time going to come?" I whispered quietly.

Silence met our ears.

Storm didn't answer, showing me that he didn't know either.

I breathed in a long breath.

We were still so close to each other, still staring in each other's eyes.

His eyes were intense and looked so much more superior to mine.

Royalty and nobility came off in waves to anybody who gazed upon them.

I don't even know who moved first.

Or maybe we both started, at the same time, our faces inching towards each other.

Synchronized.

Until his eyes were the only thing I saw.

Like the deep blue waters of the tropical sea, and as if waves were present there too; making his eyes look out of this world.

Like an ocean.

Maybe it was the close proximity, but it seemed that his eyes glowed stronger. Brighter.

My eyes fluttered shut.

I inched a little bit closer, once again, and turned my head slightly to the side.

His hot breath fanned over my cheek.

Then his lips met mine.

A sense of deja vu washed over me.

They were soft, making me warm on the inside.

They pushed against mine.

His hand found my cheek and cupped it; enveloping that part of my skin in warmth and comfort.

The kiss was filled with sincerity, and the determination that Storm put into the kiss made it look as if he begged for my forgiveness.

And I think I did.

I returned the feeling; strong and powerful, but not filled with lust.

And the next thing we know, our lips are dancing against each other, in a passionate dance.

An innocent kiss, turning into something deeper.

Our lips parted, and I leaned my forehead against his as we breathed heavily.

My eyes fluttered open and I was met with his beautiful and mesmerizing eyes, except they shined with a bright light.

Brighter than ever before.

His left arm was around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

It was a comfortable silence, only the sound of our heavy breathing was heard.

I was embraced in his arms; warmth and security, the only feelings I felt at the moment.

My mind was not attacked by the thoughts of the past or the future, but was stuck in the present.

Finally enjoying it.

Because I didn't feel scared or intimidated by the orbs of a stronger kind.

I felt comforted in a way I never was before.

Never by humans anyways.

~

I was laying in my bed, the past events playing in my head on repeat.

Storm left half an hour ago, and I had plenty of time to freak out, become a tomato, and take a quick shower.

I was changed into shorts and a tank top, deciding that I would have been too warm by the blankets and the mildly heated air that was drifting through my window.

It's not like I would have slept anyways, I already knew that.

My thoughts found their way back to my head and decided to create a chaotic mess.

Why? How? When?

I know that whatever Storm and I had was not normal.

Not one couple in real life moved as fast as we did.

But why am I even comparing ourselves to couples?

But did he even feel the same way as I did?

I felt an attraction towards him; there was no denying it.

There was something about him that invited me in, and I still haven't figured out if it was good or not.

If it was any other boy, I wouldn't be having the thoughts I have right now.

I would have already been a hundred percent convinced that he liked me.

But it was much different with Storm.

I never received any attention from boys growing up, so I was in this awkward stage where I had no idea what to do. But it wasn't like I was completely clueless and didn't know how attraction and relationships worked.

I was only once in a relationship with a guy named Derek but it was nothing serious. The whole thing lasted only two months.

Storm made me feel so many different things; some things that I thought weren't exactly possible and existed in cliche love stories.

Butterflies in my stomach, my heartbeat picking up; all those things caused by that creature.

But I didn't even know if he saw me the same way.

If anything, all he told me could be a lie and is trying to use me to escape from the aquarium.

Or maybe it was a part of their life or culture to make out with the opposite gender 24/7.

Who knows, it's a new damn species we're talking about.

I sighed and turned my body around in the bed, my window showing me the thin sliver of the moon in the dark sky.

There was no denying, Storm and I shared something.

Maybe it was only the connection that he made with me, and it affected my brain more than it should.

I layed down on my back, my eyes staring at the light to my bedroom.

I don't know what to feel around him.

hope you enjoyed this chapter!! leave a vote, and comment down your favorite part! it would be very appreciated!!

love you all!