T•H•R•E•E

P•A•R

P•A•R

This morning was tense. Elijah and I hardly said a word to each other. I decided that since I've been avoiding him all day and stayed hauled up in my room, that I would go to my spot for a bit.

As I was about to walk out of the house, I was pulled back by my arm and the front door was slammed shut.

I scoffed and turned around to face Elijah who had his usual scowl on his face, "Where the fuck do you think you're going."

"Out. I'll be back later." I try to get around him.

"The hell you will. You're not going anywhere. You're grounded."

"And who the hell are you? My dad? You can't ground me." I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Yes, I can. I'm your older brother and I've basically raised you, therefore I have authority over you. You're not going anywhere. Now get back in your room." He tries taking my backpack off my but I move away from him.

"Like hell. Leave me alone Elijah. I'm leaving and you can't stop me." I push past him and leave the house.

I bike all the way back to the beautiful lake. I lock my bike up at the bike rack and walk to my little secluded corner. I inhale the freshwater smell and take in the sight of the waves crashing against the rocks. I sit down on the rock that now basically fits me perfectly because I sit on it every time I come to my spot.

I put my bag down on the rock next to me and pull out my sketchbook and drawing pencils. I open up to the next clean page and grab a random pencil. I start sketching random lines in my book hoping that some inspiration would come to me.

Soon enough I'm staring at a page full of scribbles and random lines. This happens when I'm mad. Some people draw to get their anger out, however, when it comes to me, I tend to not get any inspiration and end up with a page full of pencil marks.

Sighing I decide to just cool down for a bit and read. I exchange my sketchbook and my pencils for a book. Opening to the page that I left off on, I let the fictional world consume me.

 Opening to the page that I left off on, I let the fictional world consume me