Chapter 15||

*Very Important Chapter. Do not skip any details*

*Long Chapter!*

'A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg although you're cracked '

Elijah didn't bother to follow me after I'd angrily stormed outside following our argument. It's been three days since then and we haven't spoken at all, although I didn't miss his attempts of reconciliation which all fell flat as I opted for ignoring him. I couldn't bring myself to speak with him, yet even look him in the eyes so I'd simply walk the other way when he approached me or walk directly by him as though we were back to square one all over again.

He seemed to be more ticked off the more I ignored him but I just couldn't come to get over the stuff he'd said to me. I honestly thought that our friendship was going somewhere amd something inside thought it would take a leap to somewhere else also.

The only reason I'd even considered speaking with him was for Emily's sake. I was worried about her after what he'd told me. It was clear that something was up because there wouldn't have been a reason for someone to hurt Emily like that. She was merely an eight year old, what harm could she possibly do?

But of course I'd chicken out and abruptly forget about it. This was why I was currently heading into the children's hospital at the moment. I really wanted to see her, to ensure she was okay.

"Hey Jess. I'm here to see Emily but she's not in the playroom." I said confusedly.

Jess sighed, a sad expression taking over her facial features as my heart thudded loudly against my chest. "Poor thing. She's still sick in bed after everything."

Once the words had slipped past her lips, I could've probably died of happiness and relief as I'd immediately thought the worst.

Whispering a thank you to her, I all but sped walked to Emily's room down the hall. The moment I'd pushed the door open, she perked up, a small smile on her face. She looked rather pale, quite sickly and a pang of dread flowed through me.

"Hey baby." I greeted her with a smile, walking further into the room.

"Tess!" She squealed, her eyes brightening as soon as she saw the small bear in my hand. "Is that for me?" She asked.

"Well, I was going to give it to another friend of mine but you can have it." I teased as I handed her the toy. She grabbed the plush stuffed bear and held it to her chest as she snuggled it against her body.

"Thank you so much Tess." She beamed, quite excited.

"You're very much welcome cutie pie. How are you?"

"I'm bored. The nurses won't let me do anything and I feel horrible. Elijah keeps on telling me that I'll get better soon but I wish soon could be now." She explained sadly.

"I'm sure you will get better soon. What do you say we watch some care bear while I'm here?"

"Is that even a question Tess!?"

I rose my hands in defeat as I sat on the edge of the bed beside her, whipping out my tablet and logging into my netflix account as I tapped on the show. Emily lay her head against my chest as her eyes remained glued to the screen with excitement.

*

Emily had fallen asleep after an hour of her show. I quietly slipped away from her, resting her head comfortably against her pillows as I watched after her. The door behind me opened a bit too loudly and I grimaced.

"A little quieter please Jessica. She's asleep." I said quietly, not bothering to turn around.

"Sorry." A voice that sounded nothing like Jessica's said.