Mistakes Were made...

Start from the beginning

A month later, Freya walked down Main Street on her way back from the blood bank, drinks cooler filled with blood bags in hand.
"Freya." An annoyingly familiar voice sounded from behind her.
"Neal." She sighed heavily, turning around.
"Let's go for a drink." He said. Freya looked at him a though he were stupid and pointed down to her growing stomach. "Oh... Yeah, well then, I'll buy you herbal tea or whatever it is you drink."
He gestured over to Granny's.
Freya rolled her eyes. "Fine."

With a lemon infused tea in hand, Freya sat on one side of her regular booth, impatiently waiting for Neal to say something.
"I'm really sorry..." He finally said.
"Are you?" Freya raised an eyebrow.
"Yes. August told me letting her go to prison would help her fulfil her destiny. And, to be fair, it did." He shrugged.
"Yes. But at what cost? She lost Henry."
"And then she got him back." Neal pointed out.
"That's irrelevant."
"Look, I'm bored of arguing with you. Can we please just start over? Whatever happened to the tear stained, mid mental breakdown Heretic I met all those years ago?" He chuckled.
"She got a daughter." Freya sighed. "I'm bored of arguing too. But I don't think you deserve anything positive out of me just yet."
"Just yet? Well that sounds like a start." Neal smirked as the Heretic finished off her tea.
"I'll see you around, Neal." She replied, getting up.

Freya walked through the door to the house just as Killian came downstairs.
"Hello, love. How was the blood bank?" He smiled, walking over to kiss her.
"Smelling way too delicious for its own good. As if my Vampiric instincts weren't bad enough, your child has them magnified by a thousand." She sighed, leaning into his chest in frustration.
"Go get yourself something to drink. I'll put these in the fridges." Killian chuckled softly, taking the cooler from her and jogging upstairs.
Freya went to the kitchen and grabbed a blood bag, not even bothering to put it in a glass. She ripped open the top and began chugging the whole thing.
"Woah there, love. Calm down." Killian chuckled as he walked into the kitchen, putting the last of the bags into the top section of the fridge.
"I can't... I'm so bloody hungry..." She panted, throwing the empty bag in the trash.
"Would it help if you got something straight from the source?" He asked.
Freya looked at him blankly, rubbing her ever growing abdomen.
"I don't trust myself to stop without hurting you." She sighed.
"Well I trust you. Come on, let's go upstairs." He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her stomach as he moved her hair out of the way to kiss her neck.
"Killian..." She mumbled, instinctively tipping her head back in pleasure.
"Yes?" He smirked against her neck.
A wave of hunger overcame Freya in that moment, releasing her fangs.
She Vamp sped over to the other side of the room, hitting the stove and knocking over a bar stool in the process.
"Stop." She snapped.
Killian's expression looked a mixture of shock and a pinch of terror.
"Stowaway..." He started.
"No. I can't. I'm sorry..." She turned her face away so that he wouldn't see her true face.
Killian walked over to her, cupping her face so that she had no choice but to look at him.
"Freya, it's fine. Your hormones are all over the place right now. It's not your fault." He attempted to reassure her, but to no avail. So he pulled her in for a hug.
She saw red.
The next thing she knew, she was drinking straight from Killian's neck.
"Freya..." He gasped, attempting to get her off. "Freya stop."
It was all over when Lance walked through the front door, saw what was happening and Vamp sped to them, ripping Freya from Killian.
She realised what was going on, putting her fingers to her lips. She looked at them, seeing all the blood. She moved her gaze to her love, seeing the blood pulsing from Killian's neck.
He looked at her, wide eyed with horror as he put his hand to the wound, attempting to stop the bleeding.
"I'm so sorry..." She cried, backing away.
"Freya, go upstairs. Now." Lance instructed as he saw to the Pirate.
A single tear slipped down Freya's cheek and she Vamp sped upstairs, locking herself in their bathroom.
"What have I done..." She whispered as she stared at the mess she had become in the mirror.

"Freya?" Killian's voice came as he knocked.
The Heretic was sat against the door, a mess of tears and blood.
"You need to go, Killian." She snivelled, wiping her eyes.
"Lance fixed me up. I'm okay, love. Just let me in." He pleaded.
Freya let out a loud sigh as she tipped her head back, hitting it on the door behind her.
"I don't know what to do, Killi..." She sobbed, holding her head in her hands.
"Come out, sweetheart, please." He rested his head on the door, closing his eyes.
"I don't want to hurt you again..." The Heretic whispered.
"I won't let that happen, Frey. Just come out." Lance spoke up.
Freya sighed once more.
A few moments later, Lance and Killian heard the door unlock and the Pirate entered immediately, Lance standing by in the door way just in case.
Freya was sat on the toilet, not making eye contact with either of them.
Killian went over and knelt down in front of her, grabbing the baby wipes from under the sink.
He took one out and began to wipe the blood from Freya's hands without a word.

It took a solid ten minutes to get all the blood off both of them, but when they were eventually clean, Killian put his hook under Freya's chin, giving her no option but to look at him.
"You're fine. I'm fine, look at me." She looked into his eyes, fresh tears welling up at her waterline. "I love you." He said.
"I love you too." She whispered as that was all she could manage.
"Has the hunger passed?" He asked.
She simply nodded.
Killian let out a soft sigh and brought her in for a hug.
"You're fine." He mumbled.