Chapter 3

Chapter three because I have become invested in my characters lmao. Let me know what y'all think!

This will probably be the last chapter until the weekend, or even next weekend. It just kind of depends on how exhausted I am after a 50 hour week lmao.

Enjoy!
______________________________

"Boy!" Vernon yelled from the hallway. Harry sighed, resigned to his fate, and left the bleak safety of his cupboard.

"Yes, uncle?" The polite tone tasted like poison coming from his mouth. His uncle turned towards him, an accomplished smile on his fat face.

"You will be staying in the Ugliano household for the next few weeks." Harry stared at his uncle, waiting for some sort of explanation.

"Don't look at your uncle like that, boy," his Aunt pipped up from the living room couch. "Go pack your stuff."

Harry turned tail at his aunt's resistance, his gaze avoiding his own feathers that adorned the walls in the form of knick-knacks and dream catchers. All he would get from mourning the loss of feathers was a whole lot of nothing.

He didn't have much. A few meager sets of clothes were shoved into a too-small moth bitten pack that he normally used for chores. All of his legitimate belongings were shoved in his dorm at Yancy Acadamy, which included clothing and any other things he could use to stay entertained.

"Car!" Vernon's voice echoed throughout the house, and Harry quickly threw his bag over his shoulder before he beat feet to the car. It was already moving by the time he managed to jump in.

"What is going on?" Harry finally asked, his gaze flickering over the passing cars and pedestrians.

"Your uncle has gotten us a Christmas Vacation!" His aunt squealed, clapping her hands excitedly. "You, of course, are not invited. Gabrial has generously offered to watch you for free for the duration of Christmas break."

Harry really didn't want to be anywhere near Gabe, but with Gabe also came Sally and Percy. He could suffer through his stay with that pig if it meant spending more time with Percy.
______________________________________

"Behave, boy, " Vernon glared at him before ringing the doorbell.

"Coming!" A voice came from the other side of the door, followed by the tell-tale click of a lock opening. Sally's beautiful smile came into view, and even with Vernon's meaty hand digging into the tender, new flesh of his shoulder, he managed to smile back. "Harry!"

"I'm dropping him off," Vernon grunted, shoving Harry forward. Harry let out an inaudible grunt before steadying himself against the doorframe.

"Of course, Mr. Dursley. Enjoy your trip!" She gave his uncle a (fake) smile before gently grabbing Harry's thin wrist and pulling him inside. She quickly shut the door behind him before turning to face Harry. "Are you ready to go?"

"Go?" Harry watched the smiling woman in confusion. "I thought I was staying here with Gabe."

"No, " Sally said calmly, walking further into the apartment. A faint jingle sounded from her hand as something shiny flashed in her palm.  "I got the keys, an anonymous donor, and two boys to take on a Christmas vacation."

"What kind of Donor?"

"A money donor. Magically, seven thousand dollars somehow made its way into my bank account over the last three months. I figured I would take my boys somewhere for a bit of fun, yeah?"

"Seven thousand dollars? Who gave you seven thousand dollars?" Sally sighed, shooting him an amused smile.

"An anonymous donor, hun. Percy, let's go!"