61. A lot happened in 1912

Comenzar desde el principio

- Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicting, responds, Caroline's mother, looking at me seriously as she puts her hands on her sheriff's belt.

- Wait, you think I stabbed myself? questions, Alaric, arcing his eyebrows with surprise and talking with a disbeliving tone.

- Look, I think I don't know what to think, replies, Liz, shaking her head as she stares at the teacher. I've got nothing, except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of a founding family pointing a very long finger.

- She is setting me up. I'm being framed here! tells, Ric, with an upset tone.

- Well, that may be so, but I don't have any proof of that, replies, the Sheriff, shaking her head.

- Well, then, we'll find some, I say, cutting the two of them in their... small argument.

- No, just stay out of this, Damon, she tells me, sternly. I look at Liz, frowning confused. You getting involved is only going to make matters worse.

- Listen, Liz...

- Don't make me put you in that cell with him! she threats and warns me with a mad tone, cutting me mid-sentence. She exchanges a glance from the teacher and then I, looking alternately between the both of us. 

Elena's P.O.V.

- What are we running, a marathon? asks me, Matt as the two of us are running through the neighborhood. I need it... That's all I have to make myself feel better for at least an hour or two.

- If you can't keep up, I respond to my friend who sounds breathless.

- Elena, you can't outrun your problems, replies, Matt, but I ignore him. Though it looks like you're gonna try, I hear him saying, more to himself as he broke in to walk. I talked to Bonnie! he says loudly which caused me to abruptly stop running. I turn around and look at him, walking toward me, the both of us being breathless.

- What did she say? I ask, concern for my friend and her mother.

- They're at her mom's house. Abby is gonna complete the transition, answers and informs me, the blonde boy as he is now standing in front of me. What?

- She decided to become a vampire? I question, sounding and looking surprised. With everything Bonnie's Grams and even Bonnie have been saying about vampires... about never getting in their stuffs... It's just weird to think about it, to think that a witch will become a vampire, the thing that they hate the most.

- Yeah. Caroline's gonna help her through it. Teach her to control it and stuff, answers, Matt, still trying to regain his breathing. I nod, quickly looking down as I cross my arms over my chest.

- Did Bonnie say... I sigh, not finishing my sentence. It's hard to say it and it's even harder that my friend didn't want my help. Her mother is in that state because of me... Is there anything I can do?

- She knows it's not your fault, Elena, she's just upset, responds, Matt, shaking lightly his head as the boy is trying to reassure me.

- Damon turned her mom into a vampire to save Gillian's life and mine. It's absolutely my fault, I reply, nodding and looking at him like it was obvious. However, my tone sounded with an extreme guilt and sadness. I turn around ready to run again.

- You're gonna make me run more, aren't you? asks, Matt, trying to joke and make me feel better. I quietly sigh when I hear my cellphone beeping in my pocket. Who is it? questions, the boy as I take my phone out. Why is she calling me?