48. Husband And Wife!

Hello!

After effects of the truth are sometimes way too bad.

.*.*.*.*.

"The injection I gave you, didn't kill our baby, Angel. I couldn't get myself to do that, she did it on her own. " He whispered caressing my hair and I closed my eyes.

"And all this while, I hated you, cursed you. " I mumbled keeping my hand on my forehead.

"It's not your fault, I made you do that. " He consoled me but there was a riot of thoughts in my head and I couldn't process anything that he was saying.

"I want to be alone for some time. " I told him after coming to this conclusion that I didn't wanted any human company around me for a while.

"But Angel—" "Please, I'll just sit in the balcony for some time and come back. " I asked and he sighed before nodding.

I got up from the bed and made him lie down properly and covered him with the quilt.

"Sleep well, you need rest. I'll be back soon. " I told him before pecking his forehead and leaving.

.*.*.*.*.

Randhir Singh Shekhawat

It was around 5 in the morning and she still wasn't back. I was getting worried so I decided to check on her myself.

Getting up slowly with the support of bed, I walked towards the balcony and found her sleeping on the couch. Her forehead had a frown and even while sleeping, she didn't look peaceful. This is exactly what I was fearing all this while.

I didn't wanted her to know all of this cause I knew how she'll feel. She is a strong individual and I know it but I have and will always protect her from everything because that's what my duty is.

My Angel has healed me, even when she hated me, she has been the only source of my strength and peace and I wanted to be the same to her but I guess I failed.

I couldn't protect her from this sorrow and I'm ashamed of myself for being so impulsive and telling her everything.

I made a call and called two female staff members for getting Angel to bed, since I couldn't pick her up.

After they made her lie on the bed, I covered her with the quilt and finally slept with her beside me.

.*.*.*.

"Thank you so much Swara but I can eat on my own. " I told her as she brought the spoon near my mouth.

"I know, after all you are not a kid." She said faking a smile causing me to frown.

"Then why are you—" Before I could complete my sentence, she made me eat the cereal.

"Because I want to." She answered smiling and I shook my head at her stubbornness.

"Good morning." I turned to look at the stairs as soon as I heard Angel's voice, to find her standing on the stairs with a small smile on her face.

"Angel, why are you up so early? " I asked and she took her steps towards me.

"I said good morning. " She said kissing my cheeks leaving me astonished.

"Good morning. " I replied smiling and she cleared her throat.

"What? " I asked and she rolled her eyes before hitting my forehead lightly.

"I wore a saree today for you since you love it but you didn't even notice. " She said and that's when I realised that she was in a beautiful blue saree which looked even more beautiful on her.