27. Welcome Home!

Hello!

Who missed Randhir in the previous chapter? I did very much!

Some revelations coming up😉

I stirred a bit as bright light hit my face. Annoyed at the disturbance, I opened my eyes and lazily rubbed them before my vision became clear.

With wide eyes, I sat up on the bed and looked around to find myself in mid air, in a jet.

Hurriedly getting up, I dashed outside the room and sighed in relief as my eyes met Randhir.

But after looking at him carefully, I was beyond shocked. He had tears in his eyes and he was looking at something intently in his phone.

I tip toed behind him and peeped on his phone and if possible, my eyes widened even more looking at the screen.

He was looking at Swati's picture.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't protect your Mother. " I heard him mumble and tears began forming in my eyes as well.

I slowly went in front of him but he was too lost to notice my presence. Sitting on the floor, near his feet, I rested my head on his knee and he flinched at the sudden contact.

"A-angel. " He tried to get up but I held his knee, stopping him from standing up.

"Stay. " My voice came out hoarse and I had to clear my throat.

"But how can I let you sit near my feet? " He asked worriedly.

"Please, I really want to. " I whispered and he exhaled deeply before nodding.

"When did you woke up?" He asked caressing my hair and I looked down.

"When you were busy apologizing. " I told him and he shifted uncomfortably.

"You were crying for Mohini? " I voiced out my confusion, looking at him and he looked away.

"For Swati. " He answered and I nodded before resting my head again on his knee.

"Can you just get up and sit with me? I'm not liking this position. " He insisted but I shook my head.

" Just keep quiet and listen to me. " I demanded and heard him sigh.

"Ten years back, when I opened my eyes in that hospital room, the first person I saw was Mohini. She was crying and it took me some time to register everything before I went numb.

Knowing that I've lost my baby too, I couldn't see any reason of living anymore, and then there was she, by my side like a pillar for support. Mohini did everything in her power to get me out of that depression, she took care of me like an elder sister would do. She was my sister Randhir, my sister.

When she got married to Rohan, as a wedding gift she asked me to stay with her and I couldn't deny after Rohan too insisted. They treated me like their family and being around them sometimes made me forget everything else.

Then they had Swati, my lifeline. I was the first one to hold her after the nurse and when I did, I understood the actual meaning of motherhood. Swati was closest to me and Mohini never had any objection. She started calling me Mumma, despite of my denial but Mohini was more than happy.

And when she started expecting another baby." My voice broke and held my hand tightly, in assurance.

"She said that she wanted to give that baby to me, officially. "I broke down and Randhir rubbed my shoulder.

"She was always there Randhir, always and she died because of me. " I cried and he sighed.

"It's not your fault. " He whispered but I shook my head.