Chapter 2

"So," Rayne started. "how has everything been?"

"It's been alright." I answered. "Everything has just been really crazy with the whole moving thing."

"Well, Calum and I are very excited you are finally in New York!" Rayne explained.

While we were in the limo, Rayne and I were talking about how life was going at home and how my family was. My family wasn't too happy about me leaving home, but I didn't care. I need to start a new life and I don't care about what other people think about it. I am tired of people taking care of me; I want to be able to take care of myself!

"What are you wanting to do first?" Rayne asked.

"Right now, I just want to check out my new apartment that you guys helped me get." I said.

"So, where are you working?" Calum asked.

"Nowhere right now." I answered. "I need to find a job badly!"

"Would you like to work for my band?" Calum offered.

"That would be great for you, Alexa!" Rayne said with excitement.

"I'm not sure," I said. "your band is huge, and I don't want to be a bother..."

"Alexa," Calum stated. "it pays well, you get to have fun with us, and you can help us with our new tour coming up."

"How do I apply for the job?" I asked hesitantly.

Calum proceeded to tell me that he is able to text the manager and ask him if I am able to plant a interview with him. I agreed and Calum opened his phone to text the manager.

We drove for a couple more minutes until we arrived at my new apartment. The driver got out of the limo and opened the door for us. He also got my suitcases and helped me pull them up the stairs. My apartment number was B14, and it was on the second floor.

"Welcome to your new home!" Rayne shouted and opened the door.

We all walked in and I was in shock. I loved it! It was in the perfect spot, too! There was a library and a Starbucks across the street. There was also a very nice clothing store down the street. There was a living room, one bathroom, an office room, and a master bedroom. It was just the right size for me and the walls were painted with a beautiful chocolate brown color!

"Do you love it?" Rayne asked.

"Of course I do!" I shouted and hugged Rayne.

Rayne helped me place my suitcases in the apartment. Afterwards, we sat down on my new couch that was pearl white. Calum and Rayne had bought me it as a home welcoming gift.

"Alexa," Calum said. "you got the interview with my manager! Congratulations!"