Chapter 4: A Closed Off Village

- 1 year ago 3rd Person View -

In the outskirt of what remains of Beacon Academy, stood hundreds of White fang, carrying a sword, guns followed by dozens of Bullheads packing heat.

Wf.Grunt: Alright, men! Form up!

With Adam Taurus on the front line, leading them to what's left of Beacon until a figure was in their way.

Wf.Grunt: General, If I may ask. Why are we scouring the remains of Beacon Academy?

Adam: To acquire an item, for our... partnership.

With that left everyone confused, nonetheless, Adam continued marching, leading them until a figure was in their way. Now all weapons are drawn and pointed at him, as he just calmly stood his ground.

 Now all weapons are drawn and pointed at him, as he just calmly stood his ground

Adam: You...

Guy: *Sigh* Boy, oh, boy.

Adam: You know why we're here. Hand her over. And it.

Guy: Heh, when do you guys learn.

Adam: Give it up, we outnumber you.

Guy: The price of freedom is steep.

The man raises his Sword.

Guy: Embrace your dreams, and whatever happens, protect your honor... As Huntsman!

He swings his sword at the side and prepared to charge at them.

Guy: Come and get it!

As he took a step, millions of bullets rain towards him.

- Mistral Qrow's Pov -

I was at the central, at the bounty board checking all of the names of Huntsmen in Mistral but, all of them went Missing in action, checked all my contact I've crossed out. Nothing. I went back to the bar as the bartender is still irritated.

Bartender: You've got a lot of nerve showing up back here unless you've brought that idiot with you-

Qrow: How much did Shiro owe you?

The tender raised his brow.

Bartender: Well, I'd say about... 16,000 Lien.

With that, I pulled out my card and tossed it in front of him

Bartender: Wait, what? Man, you must be in some serious trouble with him if you're paying me off.

Qrow: His name is clear.

Bartender: ... Yeah.

Before turning to the door, I heard someone came in. I turned to see a kid around Yang's age, carrying several swords behind his back, probably a Huntsman. He took a seat beside me.

Man: Excuse me, do you know where these people might be?

The kid showed a small photo of a family.

Bartender: Wait... that's (F/n) and his wife (M/n)!

Man: Do you know them?

Bartender: Yeah! (F/n) and his wife moved here around a year ago. I think it was something about the White fang raiding their Village.

Man: Do you know where they are?

The Bartender remained quiet until giving him a coin.

Bartender: They lived in the slums, in the far end of town.

The kid stood up and turned to the door followed by me.

- Cloud's Pov -

(Y/n): Say, Cloud. Do you ever get homesick? Like you know, miss your parents and such?

Cloud: ...

(Y/n): C'mon, man, Live a little!

Cloud: Even in death, you still cheer me...

(Y/n): Do pigeons have feelings?

Cloud: ... Yet your idiocy is still intact.

Whenever I think of him, I kept remembering all his sayings, to live. To have freedom which has a price. to be what I am; Who I am.

???: Uh... Kid?

What point is there, (Y/n)? to help them even they won't help you.

???: Kid...

Why would--

???: Kid!

I came to my senses, seeing a drunkard in front of me.

Drunkard: You... You're a Huntsman, right?

Geez, he reeks too much alcohol. As much as I want to not get involved by anything, I ignored him and went to (Y/n)'s Family.

Drunkard: Hey!

The Drunkard grabbed my shoulder.

Drunkard: I'm talking to you.

I quickly grab his hand and flung him onto the ground.

Cloud: Not interested.

I dusted myself off and walked away.

- Qrow's Pov -

Heh, I guessed I deserved that... for what I've done back then. If it weren't for him, she wouldn't be...