Epilogue

- 3rd person View -

In the white light where Cloud lay to rest, covered in wounds and bruises. A slender hand caresses his hair.

Cloud: Mother...?

Female: Again...? Why is everyone calling me mother lately...

Male: I guess they must be fond of you...

Female: This one is a little too big to adopt...

Male: Tough luck, friend. Sounds like... You don't have a place here...

Her slender hand fades away as Cloud slowly gains consciousness, waking up in the Hallway alongside the gang.

Cloud: ...

Jaune: Welcome back, bud.

Cloud: What happened... Wheres-

Cloud turns to see no one but themselves.

Cloud: ... Nevermind.

As Cloud was about to sit back up, the girls flung themselves onto him.

Jaune: What made you come back...?

Cloud: (Y/n)... Would've done the same, if he was here... Even if he was betrayed.

He looks at his hands.

Cloud: He taught me... to always do the right thing, even if it's someone like you.

Jaune: M-Me?!

Cloud: I meant all of you.

The gang laughs at Jaune as Cloud saw Angeal and Genesis leaving.

Cloud: *Mumbles* Thank you.

The two men revealed their wings, flying away with trails of feathers. Underneath, a familiar flower girl healing a wounded person leaving before turning towards him.

Flower girl: You see... Everything's alright.

As she left, another familiar figure was waiting for her, waving at him as well.

Cloud: I know... I'm not alone.

Cloud turned back to his friends with an awkward look as they reach their hands open and joined them.

???: See? Told ya' he could do it.