intro

jungkook's pov:

the nice, soothing sound of chet baker's trumpet resonated loudly in my ears, as i closed my eyes and let the music, emanating from my earphones, fill me up.

i inhaled and exhaled in sync with the music, knowing the rhythm perfectly and by heart.

the music stopped. i opened my eyes, and looked outside the bus window, seeing millions of trees pass rapidly in front of me.

my playlist was on shuffle, and as the next song played, as soon as i heard the very first notes, i knew which song it was. my favorite.
in a sentimental mood ; john coltrane...
a classic.

i started humming softly, feeling at peace, finally calm and hidden from the outside world.
but reality was just around the corner.

i looked around to see students of all age getting up and walking towards the bus exit.

god i can't wait to have my driver's license.

i got to my feet and grabbed my black backpack as i walked out of the yellow school bus, breathing in the fresh air.

i sighed heavily and faced the high school.

east hampton high school.

i started walking towards the entrance when i noticed jimin, hoseok and yoongi all laughing at something that didn't include me

they all smiled when they saw me coming and i smiled back.
we all shared our little handshake and with me here, the group was finally complete.

we started walking towards the main entrance when suddenly a tall figure bumped into me.

i paid no attention to it though and continued on walking and laughing with my small group of friends.

-

taehyung's pov:

taehyung's pov:

new.
that's what i was.
new to this state
new to this town
new to this school.

massachusetts was so different from everything i'd seen...
i'd always lived on the west coast.. from  los angeles to san fransisco. 
and now i felt so new.

i had gotten to east hampton early in the morning to get my time table and my classes. the principal told me all about the school and its traditions while i was sat there, acting as if the subject interested me.

when the principal escorted me out of his office i decided to go out for a quick smoke.
i threw my hood on and walked towards the exit.

i accidentally bumped into someone as i passed the big glass doors.
i turned around to notice a boy about my age, laughing and smiling with his group of friends.

i looked at him for a few seconds before turning around and walking out of the building right as the bell rung to announce the beginning of class.

i envy his enthusiasm.