Chapter fifty eight

Start from the beginning

"Something my mom makes. Now drink, min elskede." I smiled weakly before letting the straw rest between my lips, drinking the surprisingly sweet tasting beverage.

"Mm, what is that?" I asked.

"Blended rat and Hawaiian punch-" I gagged and she quickly covered my mouth, letting out a shocked laugh. "I'm just joking! Have a little faith in mama."

I rolled my eyes before turning back into the pillow as I hacked like Trina in that one victorious episode.

"It's an herb tee mixed with a concoction my mom would make my brother and I when we got sick. If I tell you the recipe I'd have to kill you." I nodded softly and looked up at her. "What?"

"Min elskede," Her eyebrows raised. "You called me that all the time when we were together but never told me what it meant. You said it just now."

She slowly stepped back, setting the glass onto the desk besides the bed. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I said it. Force of habit." She went to turn around but I grabbed her hand before she could. Looking down at it, she sighed before looking up. "I'm assuming you want to talk?"

"If you don't mind?" I scooted over and switched the pillows so she wouldn't get sick... or at least a less chance of it happening.

She laid on top of the comforter and sighed. "What do you wanna talk about?" I gave her a look, knowing she knew damn well what I wanted to talk about. "Ok I- yesterday I kinda lost it, alright? I'm sorry I was like that and I'm sorry I ran. I shouldn't have."

"Vanessa," I sniffed and grabbed a tissue that she had stretched out to me. "Thank you." I wiped my running nose before lowering it. "What do you want?"

Her eyes roamed my face before she looking up at the ceiling. "Besides you?" I nodded. "Happiness, which you only seem to bring to me. My family back together, the twins, even Rosie." She huffed and shook her head. "I fucked up and I'm well aware that I don't deserve to be your, or even thought of, being your wife again but that's what I want." I furrowed my eyebrows when I felt my nose start to tickle. "But even when I know-" Before I could stop it, the tickling turned into a sneeze and well.. "Oh my god, Y/n Y/ln!"

I covered my nose with the tissue, wincing as she quickly sat up and rubbed the side of her face with her hand, a glare immediately set on me. "I'm sorry, I- I didn't mean to." I mumbled, grabbing another tissue and slowly holding it out for her. "Sorry." I whispered again when she took it.

"I can't even be mad at you." She huffed and turned to face me again, slightly looking down because of her position. I furrowed my eyebrows as she shook her head. "You look too cute right now."

"I'm not cute," I mumbled, sneezing again but into the tissue. "I'm hot."

She smiled, standing up when the doorbell echoed around the house. "Yeah you are, I'll be back."

"Hey, Vanessa." I called, stopping her just as she walked out of the door. She turned around and nodded, leaning against the doorframe. "Despite... everything." I bit my lip with a sigh. "I eventually want all of that too." Her eyes widened but just as she went to speak, the doorbell rang again.

"We're not done talking." She said before quickly jogging down the hall. "One second!" She called out.

I rolled back onto my stomach and pulled the comforter over my head, wallowing in my sick, confused sadness.

"Look at mommy's baby-"

"More like mama's brat."

"Don't be mean, Vivian."