XXII ~ Mickey D's

As we walked into the McDonald's, I watched the guys shift nervously. The boys were sitting at a table near the back of the joint watching us intensely. I kept my hand wrapped tightly around Gerard's to try my hardest to keep him calm. I was tempted to tell him to keep his gun in the car, but I knew that would be pointless.

Gerard and I stopped in front of the three sitting down. Frank looked slightly scared, but did his best to cover it up. When you're a cop, you can tell when people are hiding what they are actually thinking. 

I looked up at Gerard to see his expression, which was surprisingly calm. "Now, we are going to sit down and talk. Sound good to everyone?" I instructed, shifting my sight from Gerard to the others. They all nodded slightly, while Gerard on the other hand was being stubborn. "Gee?"

"Yeah. Let's order food first, you said you were hungry." Gerard rubbed his thumb over my hand and looked at me sweetly. God this man is so bipolar. 

"I second that." Mikey spoke up, rubbing his stomach. 

~^~^~^~

As we sat back down with our meals, the conversation started up. "How fucking dumb are you Frank?" Gerard started. 

"What do you mean?" Frank scrunched his eyebrows. 

"What the fuck do you think I mean? You fucking made me think my brother was going to die if I didn't get him enough money! And Mikey, why would you let him go through with this! As to you Ray!" 

"Gee, calm down." I tugged at his hand. He shut his eyes and took a deep breath, "There you go." I moved my hand to his back to gently rub it. 

"Look Gerard, I'm sorry that I did that. We just miss you, that's all. Like I said, we knew you wouldn't come back if it wasn't important." 

"And you kidnapped y/n because...?" 

"Backup plan." Frank shrugged. Gerard tensed up once again.

"Frank I don't give a flying fuck how bad you want me to come home, you don't touch the people I love. You don't use Mikey, and you most definitely DON'T touch y/n, you got that?" Gerard growled at Frank as he wrapped his arm around my side to pull me closer to him.

"I know I just-"

"You got that?" Gerard cut him off with a terrifying glare. Frank quieted down and shrunk in his seat.

"Y-Yeah, I got it." He replied quietly.

Gerard leaned back in his seat, "Good. Now, let's eat so we can get back on the road." 

"Already done." Mikey crumpled up the paper his burger came in. I raised my eyebrows in amazement. "What? I was hungry."

The rest of us dug into our food and made casual conversations. There was still a good bit of tension in the group, but at least no one got shot. 

As Gerard finished up his food, he took my empty tray as well as his and threw them away. When he sat back down he motioned for me to get closer to him. I did as requested and scooted closer to Gerard in the booth. His arm wrapped around me to hold me closer to him. 

"Gee?" I looked up at him as I ran my fingers across his chest slowly. Gerard looked down at me with a soft gaze.

"Yes baby girl?" He replied with a gentle tone causing me to blush slightly. 

"Are we still going to California? Even though Mikey is okay?" 

Gerard thought about if for a moment, he must not have thought that far ahead since he found out. He looked back down at me and spoke, "We can. But if you want to go back home that's okay." 

He offered to take us back to Jersey? I figured that since we were so close that he would just decide to stay. "Really? Wouldn't you prefer to stay here?"

"It doesn't matter where I go as long as I still have my partner in crime." Gerard softly kissed my forehead. 

"You know what?" I said, continuing to stroke his chest, "I wouldn't mind living in L.A."

"Really?" Gerard asked with a mixture of surprise, and excitement. I could feel the others looking at us by now.

"Yeah, why the hell not. I'm ready for a change." 

A large smile grew across Gerard's face as he mentally did a happy dance. I couldn't stop myself from giggling slightly. 

"You'd really want to stay in Cali with us?" Frank asked surprised. 

"As long as you promise not to kidnap me anymore." I scolded him lightheartedly. 

"No promises." He joked.

"Touch her and I'll kill you." Gerard looked over to Frank. 

"Never mind."