What boredom does

Start from the beginning

Would they?

No. They were probably talking about Voltron or figuring out stuff about the galras. As his thoughts trailed off to what brought him to space, he found himself reaching the observatory deck. The doors opened up to let him in, and Lance thought about how he haven't pushed a doorknob in months.ö

To the side of a large window that opened up on the infinite space outside was sitting the smallest paladins of all. Bent over, Pidge was unusually not on her computer. Instead, the electronic laid beside her, closed, discharged.

Pidge never let her computer get discharged.

Lance, curious, walked up to the girl.

"Hey, Pidgey!"

"Oh! Hey, uh, Lance."

The boy remarked that Pidge was holding tight to a little notebook she had hurriedly closed when taking consciousness of his presence. In her hands were a bunch of pencils and an eraser, all looking worn out. He could guess they were from back on earth and that she hadn't found anything to replace those.

"Watcha up to?" asked the tall man, letting himself slide down the wall to sit by his friend.

Pidge got strangely reserved after his question. He remembered her acting the same every when any of the paladins would bring up their family members before they found hers. Now that her father and brother were safe and sound, she had opened up more. She could still be found working herself out on her lion, or the castle's defenses, and sometimes even on other things Lance couldn't name because he simply didn't know what it was.

He got to see her room once and it was total mess of technological pieces and wires hanging everywhere.

"Nothing much", answered Pidge, looking up at him with her signature smirk. "How about you? You're all sweaty."

"I trained a bit with Keith. It was horrible."

The girl giggled and turned around to stare at all the stars that shined upon. Lance and her kept talking for a while, before a comfortable silence fell on them. Pidge was still holding to her pens as if her life depended on them, and Lance was now glancing at the ceiling, having previously let himself slide down on his back to lay on the floor.

Lance didn't find it boring.

Maybe if he was in his room, all alone, doing the same, he would. Maybe if he were in the living room, he would. Maybe if he even were with his lion, he would. But being there and doing nothing by the work-hard paladin had something special to it.

Even more now that Lance realized that Pidge wasn't doing anything, she was simply sitting there, head against the window, book on her laps, computer on the side. She wasn't typing away, nor fiddling with anything.

The room had never been so silent with Pidge in it before.

Lance pushed himself up to look at the small girl. She had her eyes closed and her body was tensed, yet, she looked awfully calm. She had always been a ball of nerves. Lance giggled at the thought of her running back and forth or walking in circles when she couldn't find an answer, or playing and touching anything at sight when she had nothing to do.

Lance poked her arm.

She was fast asleep.

That took Lance by surprise, but it soon made sense. She probably had worked through a bunch of nights and even got to drain her computer's battery, which had an extended life. She would always brag about it : she built it so it could last days working without needing to be plugged in. So for it to be dead, it was because she used it for a good amount of time.