Chapter 29: Breaking the Cycle

Earlier - Amegakure)

"No that wouldn't make sense." replied Yugito as Jiraiya nodded. Just as Jiraiya began to speak, Yugito heard a voice in her head.

"Kitten. Look out!" shouted the Nibi in Yugito's head. Yugito stopped immediately from an invisible force. Yugito stopped as if she a rope grabbed her and before she could alert Jiraiya, a pure white hand covered her mouth. Yugito was then dragged backwards and thrown toward a building in the opposite direction of where Jiraiya was heading. Despite the speed of the toss, Yugito managed to flip around and land gracefully on the wall before looking out at her assailants.

"It's a chameleon...with those Rinnegan eyes. It used its tongue to stop me." said Yugito looking at the animal that stopped her. The chameleon was invisible beforehand as Yugito watched it revert back to normal. Yugito then turned to the person standing next to the chameleon as she saw a white man slowly turning his appearance into her. "What?"

The white man eventually turned into an exact copy of Yugito before he gave an evil grin. "Hi Naruto-kun. Sorry for dying in front of you." said the exact copy of Yugito before she turned and sprinted to where Jiraiya left. Yugito frowned at that before watching the chameleon dispel in a poof of smoke.

"What just happened?" questioned the Nibi in Yugito's head as her Jinchuriki just shook her head.

"I don't know but it's not like I'm going to let him just take my place like that." thought Yugito before noticing a vortex appear in front of her and out stepped the Masked Man. "It's this guy."

"Hello Nibi." said the Masked Man as Yugito frowned at the man.

"You're not going to let me stop him are you?" questioned Yugito as the Masked man nodded his head. "He'll never get pass Jiraiya-sensei. A clone jutsu doesn't make up for chakra signature."

The Masked Man just shook his head. "That is where you're wrong. That clone jutsu is special. He's your exact copy." said The Masked Man as Yugito's eyes widened. "And when I kill him in front of Naruto, your boyfriend will react in one of two ways. He'll crumble and become useless...or he'll destroy everything in his path. Each of which I'm fine with as they'll serve a purpose. He crumbles, we'll capture him. He destroys everything, he'll be wanted for destroying an entire village. A win win situation. So you just stay put."

"Naruto-kun." thought Yugito as she saw the Masked Man put up a barrier to keep her from trying to spike her chakra and alert Naruto. It also served the purpose of not allowing her to leave as she realized it was a powerful barrier. "I have to find a way to get to Naruto-kun before something bad happens..."

(With Naruto - Present)

"Senpo: Mokuton: Senbi (Sage Art: Wood Style: Thousand Tails)" whispered Naruto as he clutched to the lifeless Yugito in his arms. The ground trembled as a thunderous roar was heard from underneath the water. Jiraiya, the Toad Sages on Jiraiya's shoulders, Nagato and Konan all bore witness to a massive wooden fox emerge from the lake below.

Konan just stared with wide eyes as she saw how massive the wooden fox was, almost half the size of her village. "Is this the power of a God?" thought Konan just baffled at the fox's size and the power that it emanated. "We can't compete with something like that."

Konan then looked over at Nagato to see him unyielding in the face of the massive fox. Konan became surprised that Nagato continued with a fearless face as no matter who you were, that fox was definitely imposing. Nagato may have seemed calm on he outside, but internally he felt the same as Konan. The fox stood at full height with Naruto sitting atop its head holding Yugito and Jiraiya standing there amazed at its size.