Chapter 2: Revelations

Timeskip- 4 years later, Naruto Age 10, nearing 11)

A young, blonde haired boy could be seen walking through the streets of Konoha. This young man was of good height for his age, 4 feet 8 inches tall. He was wearing a sleeveless orange hoodie with a blue t-shirt underneath and matching blue shorts. He also wore a blue wristband on each wrist and had on blue shinobi sandals to complete his outfit. On his face were six whisker marks, three on each cheek, that adorned his tanned skin. He had blonde hair that rivaled his hero, the Yondaime Hokage's, complete with the two bangs framing his face. All in All, he looked like a carbon copy of the Yondaime except he had violet eyes that he unknowingly got from his mother.

It had been four years since Naruto began his journey to becoming the best ninja he could be. His training was going great. Due to his sensei's training methods, Naruto had progressed well for his age. How could Naruto not be? He has had a personal Anbu teacher since the age of 6. When asked what he wanted to specialize in, Naruto told his sensei that being a well-rounded shinobi with abilities not lacking in any of the major categories was his goal. Being the best shinobi possible was the true goal and Tora knew deep down that Ninjutsu would become his favorite and the shinobi skill Naruto would be best at.

Naruto had learned that he had enormous chakra reserves for a boy his age and frankly for anyone of any age. Mostly due to the fox in his belly and the intricate seal placed on him that slowly siphoned off the Kyubi's chakra to mix into his own. Normally, when a person has a large chakra reserve, they would have terrible control over it due to the amount of chakra they have. Naruto was weird in that his control over his chakra was impressive, way too impressive for someone with his chakra level. It seemed he had luck on his side for both sides of the coin being dealt his way without any of their drawbacks.

Naruto's sensei had, from day one, drilled into him how to better use shuriken and kunai. Tora taught Naruto how to throw them, how to throw them accurately, and how to throw them with speed and power. Even though he wasn't the most precise of shinobi, he could still hit a bulls-eye 8 out of 10 times with relative ease.

After Naruto's seventh birthday, his sensei started to put him through physical exercises, still nothing that would halt the growth of his body. He had been given a workout to do and training weights to put on to build up his body. Naruto focused on speed as his main physical attribute. Naruto remembered reading in a book that "The fastest shinobi is usually the winning shinobi." Plus the Yondaime was one of the fastest ninjas in history and he wanted to surpass him. So Naruto mainly worked on being quicker than his opponents. That's not to say his attacks lacked any power behind them.

Naruto's progress in Taijutsu was minimal. That being due to his teacher not being proficient in it since Tora was a Ninjutsu specialist. So Naruto had only learned the katas for the basic academy style taught in the Academy. Despite that though, Naruto found ways to stress his abilities better and added his own mix to the style. That's what the academy style is for, just a basic set of katas which are malleable enough to change and suit one person better. Naruto could keep up with nearly any, if not all, Genin at this point if it came down to a Taijutsu fight and he still had three more years until he became one.

Naruto's progress in Genjutsu was kind of so-so. Naruto hadn't been able to use any of the Genjutsu taught to him by his sensei, yet. He is able to detect them pretty easily up to most B-ranks. Naruto could even break them with ease due to the enormity and potency of his chakra. Because Naruto's chakra had a presence alone. They discovered it when he first unlocked it. As the chakra came bursting out, Naruto created a small circle of spiderweb cracks in the ground beneath him. Naruto did not have any Genjutsu in his repertoire yet, but he was certain by the time he graduated, he'd be able to use the few he got tasked with learning.