Chapter 17: Baby Boom

Start from the beginning

Sedric’s playful grin turned serious once again. “I’m just telling you the truth, Jade. You might not want to know these things, but that doesn’t mean they’re not true. Without you in the picture I just don’t want the same things as I used to.” It was time Sedric stopped beating around the bush. He wanted to be honest with Jade and lay all the cards on the table. She deserved to know how much she had always meant - and would always mean - to him.

They were walking on dangerous ground, crossing the thin line that still stood between them. Jade didn’t want to know how much he still loved her. She was already finding it harder and harder to keep resisting her feelings. Sed and she had a mutual agreement. They’d go their separate ways when she found her Mr. Perfect. Then why did it feel like her dream man was standing right in front of her? It wasn’t right. She shouldn’t be wishing Sedric could be the man she started a family with.

“Look, I know I’m overstepping my boundaries. I shouldn’t tell you any of this. It’s just hard to be this close to you, yet so far away. You know? I know to you this is just something temporary, but it feels damn real to me,” Sedric admitted, brushing a loosened strand out of her face and smiling sadly. “I’ve tried my hardest to resist you, tried to hate you, but nothing works. I seem to be attracted to you by this invisible pull between us.”

“We have an agreement, Sed,” Jade reminded him, her voice strained with tension.

“I know that and I will keep my promise to let you go when you find what you’re looking for. I won’t stand in the way of your happiness.”

Jade nodded, satisfied with his answer. He was still willing to do things her way. It both elated her and made a pang of hurt cross her chest. A small, twisted part of her wanted him to fight for what they had, fight for what they could have. The bigger, rational part fortunately still believed a future between them was impossible. He’d broken her heart. How could she ever trust him with it again?

***

Harder,” Jade demanded hungrily, lifting her hips before crashing them down forcefully as she rode Sedric at a fast pace, her head thrown back in utter ecstasy. Her freshly manicured nails dug into the bronze skin of his broad chest, her lips slightly parted as she moaned his name over and over again like a mantra. One final deep thrust and a flick against her hypersensitive clît sent Jade spinning right over the edge. Fuck-k-k. Wave after wave of pure euphoria washed over her as she reached her ultimate peak, her inner muscles constricting, milking Sedric dry.

A layer of sweat covered her heated skin as she rode out her orgasm before finally collapsing on top of Sedric’s still shaking body with a deep sigh. She contently nestled herself against him as she tried to get her erratic breathing under control and recovered from the intense release Sedric just brought her.

“Damn, buttercup,” Sedric panted, his côck still pulsating inside of her tight channel before he slowly pulled out. Their mingled gasps and heaved sighs echoed through the room as they both regained control of their unsteady breathing. “That was amazing.”

His praise made her heart swell. “Better,” Jade mumbled, hiding her face in the crook of his neck as Sedric wrapped an arm around her rigid frame and pulled her tightly against his side. His fingers drew small circles across her skin as he slowly recovered from their steamy lovemaking, both their hearts racing in their chests.

The moment they’d stepped over the threshold of Jade’s apartment after dinner with his family and closed the door, Sedric had attacked her with passionate, hungry kisses. It didn’t take long before clothes were flying across the room and loud moans could be heard. He’d taken his precious time with her and three mind-numbing orgasms later, he finally had that sated look across his face that told her he’d allow her to close her eyes for a moment and recover.