Chapter 4: Untamable Desire

Copyright 2014 © Rosesareforever

Crossing Paths

Chapter 4

Untamable Desire

After she ran away from the gala, Jade headed towards the mansion where their room was located. She decided to take a relaxing bath before changing into her pajamas and crawling into bed. She didn’t expect Sedric to come back for another few hours, seeing it was his brother’s wedding.

She carefully took the hairclip out of her locks and undressed, letting the malachite gown fall to her feet before she stepped into the tub. Warm water touched her skin, kissing her sore muscles as she stretched her legs. She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes as she savored the relaxing feeling, calmness radiating through the room.

The scent of lavender whiffed through the air, filling her nostrils with the heavenly aroma. It was the same body wash she used since she was a kid. Jade had always loved flowers, the wonderful smells, the different textures and conspicuous colors they entailed. In her dreams she would walk on a sand path through a grand garden filled with the most beautiful flowers and plants. She would pick a purple gladiolus, her favorite flower, and inhale the delectable aroma.

At the end of the pathway would be a grassplot with an oak tree in the middle that contained a swing. She would let her slender fingers linger on the thin ropes before sitting down on the wooden stool and bending her knees to stir the swing to action. A gust of wind would caress her features, swaying her honey blonde locks in the air.

A soft giggle would escape her lips at the exhilarating feeling, the little butterflies dancing in her stomach with each sway. She would smile widely as she enjoyed the intense moment of bliss, her eyes closing in utter delight. When her eyelids opened again, there was a small boy in front of her, his smile elucidating his features.

She smiled shyly in return as she stopped the swing from moving and watched the boy in amazement. He would step closer to her and brush a freed lock of hair back behind her ear before telling her how beautiful she looked. Her already pink cheeks would heat thanks to his compliment as she played with the fabric of her emerald dress.

Jade smiled, remembering the dream she used to have as a kid. Every time she would wake up when the boy evaded her fantasy and came into view. She never saw his features, only felt the peaceful feeling he brought to her when he touched her skin. She opened her eyes and breathed in deeply as she sat up in the tub.

The water had turned cold, making her realize her daydream had taken longer than she anticipated. She slowly got out of the bath, the liquid rocking against the side of the tub. She reached out to take a fluffy white towel and dried herself off, the lavender fragrance scenting her skin.

She slipped on a pair of panties and a silk bra, not bothering to search for pajamas. The temperature on the island had turned up a few degrees and she didn’t want to waste extra energy by turning on the air-conditioning. The environment was already suffering enough without the extra pollution. Sedric always got up early in the morning, he would be long gone before she had to crawl out of bed.

After putting her hair into a ponytail, she exited the bathroom, her bare feet touching the cold tiles of the floor. To her relief the room was vacant. She quickly moved towards the queen-sized bed and slipped underneath the covers. The cold sheets caressed her heated skin, cooling her body temperature.

Emitting a quiet sigh, she stretched her muscles and searched for a comfortable position. She curled her legs underneath her body. The bed suddenly looked empty, too big for only one person. Pushing the thought aside, she closed her eyes, but sleep wouldn’t come. The tapping of the wall clock echoed through the room. An annoying sound she vainly tried not to concentrate on.