Tony grew up in a household where marriage was toxic, that it was only used to breed an heir. Tony has no wish to carry on the Stark gene, not when he has seen what the outcome comes to; of alcoholism, paranoia and addiction. Tony wouldn't wish anyone to have even an ounce of Stark in them because intelligence is marvellous on its own, but it's a curse when coupled with toxic and death-dealing traits such as that that Tony is riddled with.

"Hey,"Tiberius' hand is suddenly around Tony's wrist the moment that he turns away for the bar, half a step away from the body that had purposely banged into him to gain his undivided attention."Don't you want to talk to me?"

"I don't want anything to do with you."Tony forcefully yanks his wrist out of the strong grasp, it coming to rest back at his side while the other twirls the crystal tumblr that had once held whiskey and what Tony wishes still did. Too many familiar faces have made themselves known to Tony today, out of all days, and Tony would rather not have Tiberius Stone trying to slide his way into his pants as well.

"I haven't seen you in an awful long time, Tony. Quite frankly, I heard you were sent to that Rehab clinic in Connecticut, y'know the one, where you have your own room?"

"Oh well, you know me, I can't commit."He shrugs, not exactly looking at Tiberius but over his shoulder, eyes casting the crowd behind him in hopes of catching sight of Pepper or anyone even remarkably interesting to pull him away from the glowering Tiberius Stone.

"People just love to talk."

"I'm sure they do but right now, I would like to drink."It's like an itch that Tony can't scratch but it can be soothed with alcohol and when that isn't effective, other methods act as Tony's plaster to his hurting heart and aching mind. The bar is right in his reach and if only he could get to it and quench his thirst.

"You want a drink? Let me buy you one, I think I owe you one from, what, a couple of years back, I'm sure. It hasn't been that long, has it?"Ty looks generally surprised and come to think of it, it has been that long since he and Ty last spoke, last saw one another and mingled in each other's company. Tiberius had found him on the balcony, Tony had just been made Times Magazine Man Of The Year and Tiberius was all but thrilled to buy him a couple of congratulatory drinks. They had talked, they had drank, they had fucked and then he was gone. Until now, of course.

"It has."

"Manhattan, wasn't it? Banquet Dinner to help starving children, if I do recall."He goes on, taking a closer step to Tony who continues to stand tall, shoulders rolled back and chest puffed out in a way that makes the glow of his reactor stand further out, the metal rim sticking out through the expensive material of his shirt. Tiberius glances at it, for not even a second, but Tony has gotten so use to people dipping a look at his abnormality that he caught the millisecond glance. "Scotch on the rocks, yeah?"

And he smells so good, like the cologne he use to wear all those years back when he prowled the campus after a fresh-out-of-the-womb baby face Tony, in all his 6 foot tall handsomeness. There's just something about that smell, the smell of rich expensive aftershave, that brings you back to all the good moments and disregard all the bad because when Tony thinks about it, not all his moments with Tiberius were so sour, and they were far better than what he had with Obie.

So Tony nods his head, his shoulders slump, his guard goes down. And maybe it's the alcohol that still lingers in his system, or the day that he's had, or just how good that Tiberius Stone smells, but he relaxes. And he'll make a good evening out of his awful Day.

~
~
~

"Sir, I regret to inform you that Code Name Undesirable No.1 is looking access onto your property."JARVIS has ever gratefully lowered the sound, the lights dimmed to a perfection that Tony would admire if he was to open his eyes or move his head from where it's smushed against the pillow of his living room sofa. He hadn't made it to the bedroom and to be honest, Tony is surprised he even made it to The Warehouse, nevermind to his living room sofa.