Five

Please shower this chapter with comments! I fucking loved writing this TBH

Steve has never been more thankful for the Burger King that was situated directly in front of the hospital that his mum works in, because as much as Steve dislikes burgers - and fries, and anything that is deep-fat-fried-in-heart-attack-oil - having the Burger King there made it a lot easier for him to take it across to the hospital for Tony, as somewhat of a peace offering to the young teen.

He has bought two cheeseburgers, and fries, and two milkshakes and even if Steve doesn't like burgers or fries from fast food industries, he would eat them so that Tony didn't eat alone or Tony could just have them both, he didn't care. Anyway, Steve likes milkshakes and he hopes that Tony likes milkshakes, and he really hopes that he isn't lactose intolerant because that would really make things shit.

Also, Bucky lied. Cheese burgers cost way more than 2 dollars, and the extra fries and milkshakes rounded the cost to 15 dollars - including his bus fair. Steve was just glad that he had that extra cash that Reta gave him last week after doing her shopping, and the spare change from all the Christmas gifts he had bought for the gang. It would be worth it though, Tony looked sad and he didn't want anyone to be during this Christmas period.

Steve hides the fatty food In his backpack, hoping that the insulation with hopefully stop the food from getting cold as he starts to walk towards the hospital after exiting Burger King. He places the milkshakes carefully in his bag, hoping not to jostle too much. He has his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his old jacket, a ridiculous - but made with love - knitted beanie on his head with a matching scarf around his neck, both bright with a rainbow of colours.

"Steve. What are you doing here?"Sarah asks in a rushed tone whenever she spots her son stalking down the hallways, peering into random private rooms as subtle as someone who is over 6 feet tall can. She's rushing to get to the otherside of the hospital, with notes clutched in her hand that are crucially needed.

"Um, I'm looking for someone."Steve admits, watching how his mom walks by him with a raised eyebrow, almost walking backwards so that she can still speak to her son."I'm visiting someone."

"A friend? Is everyone okay? James? Clint?"She asks worriedly, stopping for a second just to show her worry for her sons friends. Both James and Clint were already getting into somesort of trouble, ending up just as bashed and bruised as her son who looks a bit better than what he did two days ago. The bruising around his face was fading and the stitches slowly but surely healing, the only thing was his broken nose that would heal soon enough.

"Everyone is fine Mom. Go back to work."He basically shoos her away with a gentle and reassuring smile. She nods, already turning so she can start rushing down the hallway once again, allowing Steve to breath a little easier. It didn't take a genius to know where Steve got his kindness and good nature from, it was knitted into Steve.

Steve lets out another breath, deciding to keep looking for Tony's hospital room. He kind of wishes that he knew his last name, it would make things so much easier and maybe then he could ask one of the nurses what number Tony's room is, but then again maybe they wouldn't give it to Steve because he isn't family nor a friend, they're strangers, kind of, they talked that one time so maybe they're now acquittances.

Cautiously - mostly because he doesn't want to be spotted by a doctor or nurse that could escort him out of the building - Steve is peering into one of the private rooms on the floor that his Mum is stationed on. It's in a ward where it is mostly occupied with patients that have been in serious accidents that have landed with in comas, or have severely damaged an individual.