Twenty-Four

What's up my gorgeous readers. I'm a bit late with this update because have had one hell of a busy week, between A-Level results day and my 18th birthday (I donny know how to adult bro) I've been super fucking busy, but before summer ends and my last year of school begins, I bring you a Steve chapter (;

This chapter finalises teenage avengers and the time skip will commence after this chapter/ during chapter twenty-five. I'm very heavily focused on Tony during this fic, and I know that, but ya know Tony is my boy and I'll try and balance it out better in the second part of this fic.

Oh my I hated this chapter the next will be totally better

Enjoy!

"-Tasha said that we can borrow her car, which is an understatement because she gave me a fucking Bible of instructions on how to start the stupid piece of shit, and apparently, if we damage it, we have to pay for it as if it's not already falling...

"-Tasha said that we can borrow her car, which is an understatement because she gave me a fucking Bible of instructions on how to start the stupid piece of shit, and apparently, if we damage it, we have to pay for it as if it's not already falling apart- and you're not even listening, Steve."

"Something about Natasha's piece of shit car and paying for damages."

"Lucky guess,"Bucky grumbles, flicking a piece of eraser across the classroom and successfully hitting Clint in the face with it, watching how Clint whips his head around in confusion, trying to figure out what had hit him and who it was. Clint, despite the fact that his hobby and possibly future career is in dire need of being constantly socially away, is very much an oblivious, slow mess. He is the only person that Steve knows who could sense that you were coming his way 2 miles away but would jump out of his skin if you tapped him on the shoulder from behind.

Part of Steve when he thinks of stupid, funny little quirks that his friends posses, has him spiralling into a terminal state of depression of his current life choices, of his own ambitions and wants and needs. His career, or his hopeful career, is going to take him far away from the moment that he's in now, surrounded by his friends, the people that he cares for, in the moment and being apart of the memory, which is the fearful part.

It's not that Steve fears of regretting his decision, it's more that Steve fears of what he'll miss out, which is a lot worse in his head, anyway. Steve, as much as it sounds shallow and self-important, has always been the centre of their group. He's always been the one to make decisions, sway them out of trouble or take the brunt of the trouble instead. They always hang out at his house, in his garden, around his schedule of school, extracurricular activities, volunteering, visiting Tony in the times that he did.

And now, that's all going to change, and in a way, it already has started. There's pieces of Steve's life, certain aspects and events, people and places, that have already changed in Steve's life in a way he hadn't expected, and maybe he should've. Sometimes he is naive and oblivious, unaware of the things that are happening around him, and sometimes, that's his own fault. But he doesn't want to dwell, this isn't the time.