Not What I Expected

Chapter One:

"Liv...are you okay?" My best friend Valerie asked me as I stared off blankly at the wall. 

"Olivia?" Valerie said again. 

"Huh? What?" I asked as I got out of my daze. 

"Are you okay?" Valerie asked me. 

"Yeah...why wouldn't I be?" I asked her. 

"You seem really out of it today." Valerie replied concerned. 

"Oh, I'm fine, I just have a lot on my mind right now." I said to her. 

"Like what?" Valerie asked me. 

Just as I was about to reply and let the big secret off my chest the bell rang for the school day to be over and for us to go home. I got out of my seat and grabbed my multi-colored checkered back pack and stood there and waited for Valerie to be ready. 

"You never answered my question." Valerie said. 

"It's nothing, I'll talk to you later, Amel's waiting for me at his car." I said and walked off before Valerie demanded me to tell her what was up with me. 

It was unlike me to not tell Valerie how I was feeling. I usually tell her everything that goes on with me, but this time I felt to scared to tell anyone about it, not even my boyfriend, Amel. 

I got to Amel's green Ford Escape. He had the car already running and was ready to go back to his place so we could be alone. 

"Hey babe" I said as I got in his car. 

"Hey, what took you so long?" Amel asked me. 

"It was nothing." I replied. 

"If it was nothing why did it take you longer than normally for you to get to the car?" Amel asked me. 

"Val was being her normal slow self." I replied. 

"And how does that affect you getting here late?" Amel asked bluntly. 

"She kept on talking to me and wouldn't let me leave." I replied. 

"Oh I see..." Amel said as he drove. 

"Are you in a bad mood?" I asked him. 

"No, I just want to get home." Amel replied. 

"So we can be alone." Amel added. 

"Well can we not do what we usually do?" I asked him softly. 

"What do you mean?" Amel asked me. 

"Can we just not get physical today?" I asked. 

"I guess" Amel replied with a weird facial expression. 

I knew right then he knew something was up. I don't think I could handle telling him why I don't want to be with him like that today.