Childhood

Sorry for the break!
I might be a little! Out of character! Forgive me? Love you I'm back for the summer chapters again!

                            Y/N POV

  I happily sighed looking at my apartment building. It was creepy and old and haunted but it was home now. It has grown on me more than I thought it ever would have. I love this building from the bottom floor all the way up to the creepy fifth floor.

I began to get lost in my thoughts about all the good times I've had with this place. I met Larry and Todd who are my best friends in the entire world. It's been a long time since I've seen Jersey though and I miss it sometimes. Their was just something about Jersey that never slipped my mind.

The fresh air the wonderful beaches. My mom and I had a house in New Jersey when I was younger but one day we dropped everything and started fresh. There was no real reason my mom just said that she wanted a cozy fit for just me and her and Addison Apartments definitely lived up to that expectation. Everyone in the building is like family.

Well excluding Mrs Gibson, man when we had just moved in she gave my mom and me an ear full when we knocked offering all our new neighbors cookies as a beginning offering of peace. It worked like a charm. Terrence threw his away I think but it's the thought that counts I suppose.

It was around two in the afternoon and I still hadn't gotten my ass out of bed. My mom had left early this morning for work the usual. I stretched yawning as I did so. I picked myself up from the bed and immediately made my way to my vanity. I sat down observing my face. I look drained of life I sat there lightly rubbing under my eyes with my ring fingers trying to soothe them. There was no use sleep would be the only thing to make those early pigmented hues fade way from the delicate parts of my face.

However I was not up to particularly getting any rest at this very moment. The mood I could feel I was harboring was actually rather odd. In comparison to my calm and collected style of thinking I was catching myself feeling anxious and restless as of late.

I felt as if I was awaiting for something. Struggling with the troubling process of overthinking has not eased my mind about these sudden mood swings I had been developing. I needed to calm my nerves the best way I knew how. To head up to Larry's. He probably is my best friend in the entire world I never know what to expect when we hang out.

Most times though it could go one of two ways that I enjoy equally the most. Maybe I even favor one over the other at times. I can just let my world around me collapse as Larry and I talk for hours. So as expected the groggy feelings I had needed to be expressed and  I was on my way to Larry

. I yawned as I grabbed my small cross body purse and flung it onto my body and was on my way. I rummaged through my purse looking for the keycard Lisa has given me but then the memory of me returning it back to her was at the front of my mind suddenly.
So I lazily began to stumble around trying to find her so I can go fuck around with Larry maybe today we wont just read comic book and wallow in our own misery.

I had finally spotted Lisa just down the hall from me but she was chatting away with someone I wasn't particularly familiar with. The only thing I could see were their electric blue pigtails and thing leather straps from the back of their head. I approached very hastily but as I got closer I noticed the blue haired person was quite a bit taller than me. Lisa looked behind the person and flashed me her bright smile and waved me over "Y/N! Hey this here is Sal! He's new and is looking to go see Larry. Care to show him up?"

I nodded and Sal turned to look at me. He had a mask covering his face. But the feeling of familiarity was strong seeing that electric blue hair and bright blue eyes under that...mask?....he turned to me and his eyes widened for a moment. "Y/N L/N is that....you?" Sal said in a hesitant tone. "Uh...yeah" I said taken aback by the sudden drop of my fucking full name.

I stood there twirling my finger in my unkempt h/c hair for maybe ten seconds tops before I impulsively said "do I know you? I can't put my finger on it". Something about this boy made my heart drop into my stomach. He looked me in the face and when our eyes met he immediately shifted his gaze. Is he embarrassed? Cause I sure am! I thought to myself. "Well...we used to be friends if I'm correct. Back in jersey".

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. "Sal Fisher!!!" I blurted out and gave him the biggest hug I've ever given in my life. He went tense for a moment but wrapped his arms around me lightly as I burrowed my head into the nape of his neck. "How could I forget my fondest memory?" I thought out loud. I think felt Sals neck get a bit hot. Was he getting bashful?

This was followed up by a awkward cough coming from a confused looking Lisa. "Well I'll be on my way! See you two later!" She said with a weak smile. I waved lightly while still holding onto Sal for dear life. I took a deep breathe in and his musky scent filled my senses with an overwhelming feeling of comfort. Just for a bit of background Sal was my best friend growing up in jersey. We used to play together everyday...i loved their little family so much not having a dad that i idolized it. 

All Sal and I would do was play house and be this perfect duo of parents together. In fact he was my first kiss. Both of us so young that we used to do everything together. I clenched into him tightly and replayed a vivid memory of Sal in my head.

I shut my eyes tightly as I saw his fair freckled face in my head. Shaggy electric blue covering his eyes before he began to laugh lightly and reach out for me. I opened my eyes abruptly as I felt Sal trace his fingers on my back.

I took his hand in mine and lead him to my apartment where we had this big reunion with my mother she couldn't have been more happy for us. She used to playfully tease me so much when she had caught "sally boy and y/n smooching under a willow tree in the backyard!" I heard her voice in my head. That memory is permanent we were so busted back then but now all I can do is chuckle. Sal and I ended up talking all night long and fell asleep on my floor watching horror movies. We caught up to speed with one another. We never got to see Larry but there's always tomorrow!