If some filthy bastard dared lay a hand on her—

He burst into the staff room with a crash, blinking at the scene in front of him.

Lisa was on the floor with her head thrown back and clapping as Rosé stood to the side.

They both turned in shock when Jeongguk practically flew in.

"Where-where's the attacker?" he gasped, his eyes scanning Rosé closely. She seemed unharmed. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"What attacker?" Rosé asked confused. Jeongguk frowned.

"But I heard you screaming—"

"AHAHAHA Dalgomie's an elephant hahahaha!"

"Lisa, unnie's gonna kill you! Let poor Dalgom-ah go, look he's so unhappy!" Rosé begged.

Jeongguk looked down and suddenly noticed a small fluffy white dog with a cylinder fitted snugly around his muzzle, giving him a comical appearance as he peered up forlornly at Lisa, who was aiming her phone at him.

"I think you just heard me scream at Lisa," Rosé blushed, "Jisoo unnie doesn't take kindly to this one trying to petsit her beloved dog because...." she gestured helplessly at the giggling girl who was now attempting to kiss the dog as he struggled in her grasp.

"Dalgom-ah I want a kiss! Come on, just a little one?"

Jenogguk exhaled in relief. "Well, glad nothing happened to you girls. These are, uh, dangerous times we're living in."

Rosé gave a little nod. The blush hadn't quite left her face. "Thank you for watching out for us."

Lisa was looking up at them with a strange smile on her face. "You sure you guys aren't like, dating or anything?"

"We're just friends!" they chorused.

"Mhm, okay," Lisa said absently as she stood up with Dalgom in her arms. "I'm gonna go put this little guy in his box. See ya around Rosie, and you too Kookie!"

Jeongguk's eyebrows shot up. "Kookie? You told her my—"

"Wait for me outside?" Rosé said hastily as she propelled him out the door, her face on fire.

Jeongguk shook his head, hiding an amused smile. He settled back into his seat by the window.

She soon skipped out of the staff room, clutching her uniform and bag in one hand and the rose in a vase in the other.

"I'll just put the rose here on the counter for people to see. It's really pretty," she said cheerfully. She paused when she saw him glance warily at the short brunette and chuckled.

"See you tomorrow Jennie!" Rosé called to the brunette. Jennie waved, her sour expression melting into a warm smile.

"Take care Rosie! And Jeon," she added, pointing two fingers at her eyes and then at him, "I got my eyes on you."

"Well your friends are....charming..." he manged to say once they exited the coffee shop.

She chuckled. "I hope Jennie didn't scare you? Oh and you haven't met Jisoo yet, she's a complete clown, she and Lisa make one crackhead team. Lisa is like a little sister and Jennie...well, she's extra protective of me since she's known me the longest."

"Yeah, she's a cupcake."

Rosé laughed again. "She's just being caring, don't mind her threats. Jennie's the biggest softie alive."

"I'll take your word for it," he replied weakly, still unnerved by how a girl managed to make him squirm in discomfort.

He was startled when they brushed hands as they strolled along the pavement in the crisp afternoon air but both immediately pulled back their arms.