Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Lady Wynn remains quiet buttoning up Archibald's shirt as she wipes her eyes and Archibald whispers to her.

"I am sorry I will not taint our bloodline."

He grips her face and kisses her hard as he whispers.

"I cannot."

He leaves her alone in the room and walks out into the hall eyeing a large number of people in the courtyard and walks out eyeing the guests. Archibald walks forward towards the front of the room. He taps his glass and raises it.

"today we will begin a new era in our kingdom. as I take my new bride and the next era of the O'Sullivan line will continue!"

The crowd cheers and Archibald sips his drink as his future bride comes into view dressed in white. the people around her cheer out as she walks up to her soon to be husband. he lifts the veil eyeing her beautiful features and places his hand on her face, leaning forward and kisses her hard as the crowd of people cheer. they release the kiss and Esa stares up into her new husband's eyes as he walks off down a long hall into a private room. A man stands tall before them and the doors shut behind them. the man is dressed in all black with tattoos of the O'Sullivan clan marking his neck. he grips the soon to be bride's face and stares her over examining her as he demands.

"are you a virgin?"

The man bangs his hand loudly as he demands.

"no hesitation!"

Esa glances to Archibald as he nods to her and she nods to the man in front of her.

"aye, yes I am."

The man mumbles a few words out.

"the clan of warriors, the clan of war."

He pours some wine into a glass, eyeing it and asks Esa another question.

"have you ever laid next to another man besides the one you will marry today?"

Esa shakes her head no and the man examines her expression as he asks again.

"the words in this room are secret to my ears and your husband. I read it, girl, all of it your breaths and your worry. tell me now have you laid beside another man that is not the man you marry today?"

Esa remains quiet and thinks to herself, but remembers something.

"my cousin we once shared a bed as children. it was not as lovers share just laying, together."

the man facial expression remains stern as he stares to his king.

"does my king still wish to proceed ahead?"

Archibald stares down his bride and turns to the AI as he nods.

"Aye if no further deceit lay ahead."

the AI nods to him as he states firmly.

"we shall see. your hand my lord."

Archibald holds out his hand and the AI makes a firm cut with his blade dropping his blood into the wine.

"the blood of a warrior, of a husband and future father of this clan, the blood of the man you will marry today and who you commit yourself to till the end of days."

the man lifts the drink towards the woman and states firmly.

"do you swear by his blood that you will commit to him children until you bare him, two boys, as is the tradition of this clan."

Esa nods her head.

"I do."

the man lifts the drink and demands.