10 | she is changing.

Start from the beginning

It was much, much bigger than her own room and had a big balcony too. The view from the balcony was spectacular and her room rested in the top most floor it was just cherry on the top. It was all snow around. She stared distantly at a couple playing in snow.

She started reminiscing her days, nostalgia filling her, when she used to play in the snow with Kunal. The way he used to cover her in snow and she was helpless unable to do the same to him.

Her eyes welled up. Those were the days she missed. She wants them back, but she knows she can't.

Wiping her tears she surveyed the area. Manik had a good taste, she accepted. After that incident in the flight she has been rather silent. They came to the hotel and she took the key Manik gave her. He looked unconvinced but, she didn't know why and she didn't bother to ask.

He took Harry to his room because he was throwing tantrums that he was going to stay with 'badman' and even Manik seemed to enjoy his company so she left him with Manik.

Ever since he has seen him, Harry seems to have acquainted himself with him. He was never really that easy on people and she is surprised how he likes Manik.

Smiling to herself she noticed a round table with two chairs on either side in side of her beautiful balcony. She never paid it much attention, but it looked so cozy. The area was dim lit and had a small flower on the top. The setting looked so romantic except for the fact that it is for the wrong person.

It was around 7 and dinner is only at 9 so she decided to go through the files and think of designs and that's when she remembered that it was with Manik and she left for his room.
____

Manik was laying on his bed. Nandini was been weirdly silent all the while, which is really unsettling. From the time they left the plane he has been noticing that. Even when he gave her the key she took it silently without any taunts.

He looked at his side at Harry. He was so cute and Manik liked him a lot. Usually he is not that involved with babies, he waves at them, smiles and takes them in his arms sometimes but, this kid is damn adorable from his talks to his expressions and how he calls him 'batman' he never felt so achieved.

But every time he goes a bit deep into the kid's thought the only thing that comes into mind is 'who is his father?'. He is so tempted to ask Nandini about it, but last time she cried and he does not want to trouble her.

It must already be so hard to manage as a single mother, he doesn't want to add more. But he wants to know the father and he will definitely, how can he leave this adorable kid and go? The moment he finds out who that man is he will kick his ass.

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts. He went to the door and opened it only to see Nandini.

"Manik- Argh-" she slipped over the carpet. Manik quickly took hold of her waist and caught her.

"Take care" his voice came out more soft than he intended to.

Nandini seemed shocked and he knew it. "Huh" She recovered. "Oh.. Manik..I came for the file"

He looked at her confused. "File.." and realisation took over him. "Oh, wait a second I'll get it"

Manik's room was the same hers. She went to balcony to check on if it had a table like hers. She pushed the door to his balcony and it was heavenly just like hers except for the fact that it had no table and chair.

"What are you searching?" his voice came.

"No. Nothing. I have a table and chair in one corner of my balcony, I... Just saw if you had one." she spoke meekly.

"Do I have one?" He asked teasingly.

Nandini rose her eyebrows "Yes. In fact a bigger one than mine. It's just that egoistic people can't see it" She said smugly.

Manik laughed and it was not that arrogant laugh she hates, it was genuine and it warmed her heart.

"I missed that" he giggled and continued "I missed that sass since morning"

Was it weird that Nandini felt proud of that comment? Because she did.

"Missing my sass and all Malhotra?" she smirked.

"Well, it's better than seeing you silent as if you have lost your kitten" He joked. "Nevertheless, we will meet at 8 for dinner in my room"

Nandini was definitely shocked at this. "What? You asking me to join for dinner? Did sun rise from west today?" she said it in a flow.

"Maybe? Okay this offer is only for 2 minutes. Yes or No?"

Nandini looked at him challengingly.

"If your answer is no then I and Harry with have will dinner you can have it in your room talking to the walls."

Nandini glared. "Fine!"

She stomped her foot and left his room. Manik smiled triumphantly. He enjoyed irritating her so much. Her looks were worth everything.

He looked at himself in the mirror. His face was looked as if some colour had come back to him. Till today morning he was thinking of removing her from his life after this deal but now he is inviting her for dinner.

It simply doesn't make sense.

It was affected when she didn't talk to him and when she insulted him now he felt as if something kicked him to laugh. And when he caught her, she looked at him shocked.

Maybe it lasted a few seconds but those brown orbs were so magnetic and inducing he felt something pull him towards them. Guiltily though, he admits to never have left her.

Something is about her.. He had seen so many girls, most everyone flirted with him, people think he is a junkie, but he swears on his hair that he never had interest on those girls and in fact he respected any girl who didn't bother to look at him because he was good.

When he joined his dad, he was in a traumatised state. He was depressed that people like him for his looks and money and that no one is interested at him because he is a good person and it perturbed him a lot.

"Batman!" Hardik was sitting in the bed.

"Harry? What happened" Manik went to him and  sat on the bed and took him in his lap.

"Stoly time!" He clapped.

"Story?" Manik scratched the back of his neck. He didn't no any. "But I don't now any" he felt it childish saying it to a child.

Hardik pouted. "Please..I want to listen One boy, one gill stoly"

Manik didn't know what to do. Must he ask Nandini? She would have said so many to him. Soon enough his glance fell on his phone and an idea struck him.

"Okay Harry, I will tell you" he placed him back on the bed. "But before that Batman will fresh up and come."

He quickly took his phone and went inside the bathroom. He search "One boy, One girl" story and checked for the summary. He throughed the summary as if a English lesson and went out.

He silently put his phone in the desk and sat on the bed.

"So" He took him back to his lap. "Once upon a time...."

He started.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello! 🙈 How was it? Manik, Nandini and Harry night out in next update!, 😍😍

As promised I updated today. Was sitting whole afternoon typing 😂😂. As usual comments and votes most welcome. They are the one which keep me going!

Also I am looking for a cover for this book. If anyone can make one then thank you in advance ♥ or if you know anyone please let me know.

#okaythanksbye❤️