7| The Cloaked Champion

Rewritten
***

Cyra Thornis, Queen of Carralliz—the Cruel Queen of Carralliz was getting bored.

Most Alchemists were Type One. Type Ones could combine different elements to create a new product. They could combine two types of metal and create a sword.

And she'd seen enough swords.

No one thought to combine wood and metal to create a bow and arrow. They had a whole table full of elements, and they chose to make a sword.

Cyra could get one too. She could easily retrieve one from the arsenal herself without wasting energy creating one.

The Destroyers, on the other hand, were a lot more interesting. Their ability was amazing.

They could tear things apart with a flick of their wrist.

Amazing.

The Type One Destroyers with the ability to tear apart what Type One Alchemists could create, simply destroyed their creations.

Some did it in seconds, others in minutes.

Soon, a Type Three Destroyer came to the front of the line.

"May I have a living creature to perform?" she said, voice dark like her cloak. Her face covered in shadows from her hood did nothing for Cyra to recognize her features. "I'm a Type Three Destroyer."

Cyra laughed darkly, her eyes focusing on the cloaked Champion. This is what she was waiting for. A Type Three Destroyer.

Cyra waved her hand, telling someone to bring a living creature.

Behind the cloaked Champion stood Dara, the sensible prisoner, and the taller twin. How did so many enchantments go to waste? They'd already reached the twins who'd been stationed at the end of the line.

There were a few Type Two Alchemists like Amara, but none as great as her.

Some created clouds, others made water.

The sun had already become parallel to her eyes, blinding her for a mere moment before she looked away.

The cloaked woman swayed from foot to foot as if she were as bored as Cyra was. The Destroyer waited for the table with a rat to be brought in.

A servant rolled in a wooden table with a rat on it, scurrying from one side to the other.

The Destroyer slammed a hand on the table once it was in front of her.

Around her palm, an enchantment circle formed. A complex mandala.

Even with the Champion's eyes covered with her cloak's hood, Cyra could see the focus. The deadly concentration on a rat.

The rat stopped moving just like time did.

Cyra leaned forward eyeing the rat.

The rat split in two. The tail and a hind leg were on a separate piece. It remained unmoving, but the rest of the rat moved around.

The Champion walked to the back of the line, not bothering the blood that had splattered on her cloak.

The queen smirked, pleased with the cloaked Champion's performance, and eager to see what the Rares would come up with.

Cyra tapped her foot against the stone floors. She'd seen forty-eight enchantments with only two interesting performances.

Drayce, the younger and shorter twin, took a step forward, ready to display his ability.