Marching Band Love

AN: I was thinking of marching band for some reason so here is a marching band AU.

So, you play clarinet and Natasha is in the color guard. in your high school marching band.

Enjoy!

It was the beginning of August in the very hot afternoon, when your band was getting told off again by your band director because some asshole decided to talk and mess up during the last run through.

"From the top!", You heard your director scream through the megaphone.

You sigh, jogging back to your first position on the field. As you run, you shoot an tired look to your best friend Wanda Maximoff, who said,"I want water. It is too damn hot.". She had her flute in one hand and wiped her face with her other.

You exhale as you run back, standing straight when you get there and holding your clarinet in the typical resting position. You look to your left where Wanda was standing, in her position. You roll your eyes as Maria, one of your drum majors calls everyone to lift up their instruments.

You watch as she starts counting off, getting ready to step off. The music starts as you march, waiting for your rests to end. You continue to march in time with the rest of the band, bringing your clarinet into playing position a few counts before your entrance.
You are about to come in when...

*Crash*

Someone's flag hits you as she misses her toss.

You collapse to the ground, dropping your clarinet (This is literally hurting me, but it needs to be done 😫😫).

You blink hard as you stand back up, immediately picking up your clarinet.

"MY REED!!!!!", You exclaim as you see your brand new reed now badly chipped, with big chunks of it lost(This was actually me when I got hit) .

"Does that look like the most important thing right now (Y/N)???", You hear Wanda screech as she points to your head. You feel your head as you look for blood. You don't find any, but there is a decent sized bump on the top of your head.

Maria shooes Wanda away, and takes you to the bleachers, telling you,"Now sit your ass down and I don't want to see you on the field today.".

You pout before saying,"Fine.", and looking over your clarinet for any other broken parts.

You sigh in relief as you find that the only casualty was your reed. You watch the rest of the band practice, laughing at Wanda when you saw that she had missed her place on the field. When the run finishes, she sticks her tongue out at you, which causes Maria to tell her something. This only makes you laugh harder before the next run starts.

You look over at the color guard wondering whose flag hit you. You quickly abandon that mission when you see a girl who looks almost flawless on the field.

You spend the rest of the practice watching her instead of teasing Wanda or looking at where you are supposed to be.

When practice is done, you get down from the bleachers to talk to Wanda, and to hopefully find out the girl's name.

"You looked great on the field today Wanda.", You say as you walk over to her.

"Of course I did, but how would you know? You were busy staring at one color guard member.", she replies, a smirk growing on her face.

She is about to continue when you hear a voice come from behind you.

"Hello?".

You turn around and your eyes widen as you see the same girl you were staring at talking to you.

"Um. I just wanted to say that I'm really really sorry for hitting you with my flag and I really hope that you weren't hurt to bad. Also,how can I possibly make it up to you?", the girl says, a worried expression on her face.

You smile as you say,"It's fine. Don't worry about it. And you don't have to make it up to me.".

Her worried expression turns into a smile as she says,"Are you sure? At least let me take you out for some fro-yo. And I'm Natasha.".

You can practically hear Wanda laugh as you blush before saying,"It is really hot outside. Sure! And, I'm (Y/N).", hoping you didn't sound too excited about it.

You three walk back to the band room, with you and Wanda getting to know Natasha. Wanda, being a little shit, decided to start teasing you and Natasha about "The Love Story Through The Ages".

"Just wait until I tell your kids! You want to know how your parents met? Well, your mom accidentally missed her flag catch and the flag crashed on your other mom. They're going to love it.", she joked as you came closer to the band room. You and Natasha both blush as Wanda laughs so hard that some random trumpet player looked over at you guys. This only caused Wanda to laugh even harder.

You three walk inside and put away your instruments and flag, and pick up your school bags, getting ready to leave. You and Natasha say goodbye to Wanda, who smirks at you and whispers, "Tell me all the juicy details.".

You blush a deep red as you lightly punch her shoulder.

She laughs before waving as she goes out the door.

Natasha turns to you and says, "So do you want to go now?".

You nod as you follow her out the door. You text your mom, saying that you were going to the mall with a friend. When she allows you to go, you continue to walk with Natasha, crossing the street to the closest mall.

When you get to the store, you hold the door open for Natasha and walk inside after her.

She sets her stuff at a table and waits for you to do the same before going to the station.

You finish making your cup and wait for Natasha. You notice that she doesn't really like to have a lot of toppings. You pull out your wallet to pay, when she says,"(Y/N), don't worry. I owe you. Remember?".

Your eyes widen before saying,"No, I said it's fine.".

She just shakes her head as she pays and says,"Nope. It's my treat. Now, let's sit down.".

She walks over to the table and pulls out a chair for you. You smile and thank her as you sit down.

You spend the time in the shop eating while laughing about anything and everything.

When you two finish, you clean up and walk out, when Natasha asks,"Well, I don't know if this classifies as a date, but would you like to go on an official one with me?".

You look down with a smile, before looking back up and replying,"Yes.".

She smiles as you start walking back to the lot where your parents would pick you up.

***A few weeks later***

You two had gone on more dates and made it official. You were now dating Miss. Natasha Romanoff.

Somehow, even though you only told Wanda and Natasha's friend, Clint, the whole band found out within two days(Seriously though, gossip spreads so fast in our marching band). You and Natasha were constantly teased by your sections and you still loved it, no matter how annoying it got.

The rest of the marching season went by quickly. Thankfully, no more reeds were broken and thankfully you didn't get hurt. The band went on to get superiors in all the competitions.

And you couldn't help but think," Sometimes, it really does take getting hit in the head to find love."

AN: So that's it. I'm really sorry if this is crappy. I'm writing this on like 3 hours of sleep, but that's no excuse. But anyway, hope you liked it and I love you all!