"Why didn't you stop me?" His jaw clenched as he ran a hand through his disheveled dark hair.

I was breathing heavily, coming down from the high he had just given me. I was so confused. I had never felt like that before; not once for the time Tony and I had been together, or before.

"What?" A breathless laugh left my lips, hoping he wasn't actually angry with me.

Ben's hard gaze narrowed at me, before he sighed and looked away in defeat.

"You do realise I'm not going to let you leave, right?" He muttered lowly, eyes focused on one of the windows.

"Ben, what are you—"

He brushed me off and made his way past me.

As much as I tried to talk to him on our ride to the restaurant, he seemed to firmly keep his eyes on the screen of his phone, ignoring me in a very petty way.

__

I was having incredible trouble trying to concentrate on anything that Ryan Ford was saying.

I couldn't focus on anything but Ben sitting at the bar area of this dim restaurant, drinking slowly and watching me. I felt incredibly hot, and couldn't seem to find a comfortable way to sit on my chair.

"Is everything okay, Jade?" The businessman opposite me wondered.

My attention snapped back to him and I felt scared. Why did Ben make me feel so unorganised and nervous like this, suddenly? It wasn't good.

"Yes, everything's fine..." I assured him, at this point chugging down expensive champagne like my life depended on it.

Mr Ford excused himself to go to the restroom, leaving me alone at our table in the dim restaurant somewhere in Brussels.

Just as I had expected, once Ryan Ford had left his sight, Ben began making his way towards me.

I refused to break eye-contact with him, and instead stood my ground.

"How's everything going?" He came to kneel down beside me, taking me aback since I had expected him to sit on Ford's place.

This incredibly powerful man was kneeling for me. The symbolism behind his action boosted my ego through the roof.

Ben had cleared his throat and lowered his voice, blending in with the intimate setting. I felt his hand on my thigh, but ignored it and all the feelings that came along with it.

"I've almost got all the information you asked for," I told him softly, still keeping my eyes fully focused on his, "you look like you're going to propose to me, do you know that?"

A small fit of giggles bubbled up from inside of me at the strange thought. He blinked and processed what I'd just said, his hand moving an inch higher on my exposed thigh.

"You've had a lot of champagne.." he pointed out, and I nodded with a widening smile.

"Listen, Sofia," he cleared his throat again, shifting on his stance to get closer to me, "don't leave with him. You'll get all the information we need once he comes back and then—"