Chapter 10: D Day

Start from the beginning

"Oh, good morning, Jimin noona," Hyunjin said suddenly as he bowed to the girl Minho did not recognize. "Are you going to be helping us on our mission?"

"Yup. Because Channie here practically begged me to."

"I did not beg. I politely asked you to use your gift to help us make our fake prison transfer more believable."

"Well, if you didn't beg, why am I even helping you?"

"Because you're an awesome person and were happy to help out an old friend. Now could you do the thing," Chan asked as he motioned his hands to hurry her up. The girl, who Minho assumed was named Jimin, walked towards the van she had just exited and put her hand to it. Much to Minho's surprise, the van slowly started to change shape and color, and markings of a prison transport truck appeared on the sides. In reaction to the sudden change, he took a step away which caused Chan to remember that he forgot to introduce the new member of his team to his old friend.

"Oh, Minho. Sorry for not introducing you. This is Jimin. She is the same age as me, and has been around almost as long as I have at the academy. She is also one of the few people at the academy allowed to go on difficult missions by herself. Her gift is being able to change the structure of objects into other things as long as they are similar in mass. Rank 4."

"Hello," Jimin says with a smile. "You must be Minho. Chan was telling me about you on our way here. Welcome to the academy!"

"Uh, n-nice to meet you too," Minho responded with an awkward bow. He was not looking forward to the amount of new people he would have to get used to during his time at the academy.

"He's shy. That's adorable."

"You're kind of intimidating, too, Jamie," Chan defended.

"Shall we get going? Isn't it going to be a long drive?" Jimin announces.

"You're driving us?" Hyunjin asked.

"Of course! I am the master of disguise," as she said this, she touched the clothes she was wearing, and they changed into a guard uniform. She then walked towards the two brown haired boys and turned their clothes into tan colored prisoner uniforms. "You both are going to have to act sedated when we get there, but for now hop in the back and get comfortable."

"Why does it seem like you've broken into a prison before?" Minho questions skeptically.

"Because I have," she said matter-of-factly. Then she proceeded to get into the driver's seat and shut the door.

Before Minho could question further, Chan turned to them with an encouraging smile. "Good luck, you two. I wouldn't be letting you both do this if I didn't think you could handle it. See you tonight when we show up for the breakout plan." The older gave both of them a hug, which at first caused Minho to tense up, but he slowly relaxed into the older's comforting embrace and hugged back. 'This is something he could get used to.' Minho and Hyunjin then climbed into the back of the transport truck, Chan closing and locking it behind them.

Then, it was just the two of them. The driver and passenger seats were not connected to the back of the transport truck by a window or anything like that, so Jimin was completely disconnected from them. After a long period of silence, Hyunjin lets out a loud sigh.

"Are you nervous?" Minho asked as he examined the younger.

"Kind of. It is my first mission after all, but also I'm really excited because it means I'm going to be able to help out a lot more struggling Gifteds. Like the ones we are breaking out now. Or Gifteds who are like how I was when Got7 saved me..."