recoupling

myself and wes were sat on the table furthest away from the villa. we clinked our glasses and just got to speaking.

"so what made you come on love island?" wes asked.

"well i've been single for quite a while now-"

"how long?" wes interrupted.

"about a year. he broke up when i was scouted to be a model. he said something about he couldn't be with someone that other people were constantly looking at."

"sounds like a knobhead is you ask me." wes said nonchalantly as he took a sip of champagne.

his comment made me laugh but it wasn't a giggly kind of laugh you get when you're around a person you like.

"what's your kind of like dream girl?" i asked wes.

"erm, if i'm gonna be honest laura. you know petite, blonde and the accent is a bonus." wes said and i wasn't surprised. "what about you?"

"i'd have to go with you know tall, dark hair, confident, funny. i do tend to go for someone from like the london way, i just love the accent."

wes and i chatted for a while, but both of us could see that it was purely platonic. we got on so so well but it was purely as friends. it was getting to the end of the date so i decided to address the elephant in the room.

"listen, this has been a great date but i think we both know this is more of a friendship thing." i said.

"i completely agree, you're a sound girl and i think we'll be really good friends."

wes and i stood up from the table and walked back into the villa with rosie, georgia, niall and alex.

we went in and met the girls and straight away i went over to laura. next i went to dani, samira, kendall and hayley. all of the girls were just laughing and talking. i decided to have a chat with laura, quickly.

"laura, can we have a little chat?" we went and sat on one of the day beds.

"i just wanted to say that if it were down to me i would've spoken to you before me and wes went out but i literally couldn't. wes and i both agreed that we get on but completely in a friendly way and nothing else." i explained.

"thank you for coming and speaking to me straight away. obviously i was annoyed but you had no control over who you went on a date with so."

myself and laura hugged and made our way back over to the other girls.

"so, natalie. how was your date?" dani asked.

"it was a good date but not in that kind of way. we were just chatting and everything but i felt like i was talking to like a childhood best friend or something like. it wasn't romantic at all."

"does he know that?"

"yeah completely. we both said just before we left that it was a friendship sort of thing."

georgia and rosie told everyone about their dates but pretty soon the girls were spread about.

i was lying in bed with dani because we were both really tired and wanted to go to bed. we were just discussing who i'm initially attracted to.

"my types kind of like tall, dark hair and just a really lovely, funny bloke. so of that i'd have to say niall or adam, but i'm not really feeling anything with them from the chats we've had." dani completely understood where i was coming from.

soon jack came in and i got out of the bed and into my own which was right next to jack and dani's. rosie and georgia were having to share a bed but because there was three of us, one got their own bed.