Chapter 9- Marriage Announcement

Sahir, I haven't prepared for the  quiz. Now, what should I do?" There was a pout on the girl's face while a smile etched on Sahir's face. 

Scent of naan and chana was prevailing in the atmosphere and students around them were enjoying the breakfast.

"No problem. I will teach you the concepts within five minutes." He said while fishing out his register from the bag.

The girl leaned forward with a glint in her orbs while Sahir started teaching her Discourse analysis.

"You can become a brilliant teacher in the future." She commented while he was teaching her the concept. A smile etched on his face at this comment.

"So, will you marry a teacher?" He asked with a smile and a hope in his orbs.

The sound of thunder boomed in the sky, causing Sahir to wake up from the nightmare. 

He grabbed the glass of water from the side table and took large gulps of water. 

His heart was thudding and pain was rippling in his orbs.

On the other side of the city, Saba was sitting on the couch of his father's room. He has been shifted to the house now but was still suffering from fever.  Her mother was sitting beside her, reading different supplicants while she was sponging her father. After putting a towel on his forehead and the other one on his arm, she glanced toward the sky from the room's window. 

Instantly, clouds started weeping and wailing, mirroring the condition of Saba's heart. Tearing her glance from the city, she saw the red face of her father and tears gathered in her orbs. 

On the other side of the city, Sahir was standing on the threshold of his terrace and glancing at the water which was gathering on the floor. 

Fears, pain and restlessness was evident in his orbs. 

That wailing night was a tough one for both of them, unknown of what tomorrow's sun will bring to them.

……………………….

After the wailing night, the sun was also gloomy as it was not shining brightly. The city was not illuminated, so it was giving a shadowy look to it.

On such a morning, Mr. Akram was lying on his bed and his wife was giving him soup. Saba was in the kitchen, making chapatis for herself and the mother. Her eyes were swollen and red, indicating the pain she goes through at night.

Instantly, the doorbell rang at which a frown etched on her face and irritation took over her.

"I can't understand why everyone has to come to our home." She murmured with a pout. 

Relatives were coming to their house to meet Mr. Akram. In the meetup, they are saying hurtful words and remain seated here for two to three hours. It has been two days since Mr. Akram had shifted to the house and guests had started coming here. And in these two days, she and her mother had become hell tired from attending to the guests and Mr. Akram.

Again the bell rang at which she took a deep sigh and went to open the door. To her surprise,  Mr. Sikandar and Mrs. Amna was at the door with different fruits. Fear grabbed her and her eyes searched for Sahir. 

"AssalamuAlaikum! How are you, my child?" Mrs. Amna greeted her as she came out of her daze and tried to plaster a smile on her face. 

"Walaikum Assalam, Uncle and Aunty." She greeted them and let them enter the house.

"How is your father now?" Mr. Sikandar asked with concern in his tone.

"He is doing better now. Please come to this side." She said and started walking toward Mr. Akram's room.