Chapter 17: Freedom Temporarily

ابدأ من البداية

The flowers were of such a great and amazing variety that I was drawn into the state of pure happiness. I tried impossible ways of making some kind of pattern with way that the flowers were being oredered. I finally gave up and looked up to see an old man and an old lady casually sitting on two porch seats just enjoying each other's presence even by indulging themselves in different activities. It was clear from their faces that they were very happy with how the life was treating them and how they are treating life. Even in this old age, they seemed healthy and satisfied enough with being how much wealthy, as they were now.

I cleared my throat to grab their attention and smiled warmly at them. They seemed almost too much surprised to see two young girls wandering in their shops and offfering great hospitality. I don't blame them, I mean how offer do you see two teenagers of today shopping in an area full of old people and old trends. It hardly happens. They immediately got up from their seats and fumbled their way around the flower plants to come to me. The old man smiled at me while the lady gave me a toothless grin. I mean it, it really was toothless.

"Um....do you have a jasmine flower bouquet?" I asked in a low voice, while keeping my eyes on anything but them. It was hard to look at their intense and surprised gazes so it was best not to look at them at all.

"What do you say?" The old man spoke in a gruffy voice then cleared his throat and turned to the lady. "What'd she say?" I played with my fingers and tried answering again but the lady broke me off.

"She asks for a tangerine beret?" The lady says unsure, in a british accent. This made no sense. How can a beret be tangerine, unless it's of that color. I shake my head and tried to say it louder this time.

"No, I said jasmine bouquet, do you have it?" They heard me intently then made an 'oh' sound together and I nodded, faking a smile. The both wandered off without giving me a glance. Confused, I looked at Elliot and she has her mouth hung open. I chuckle humourlessly and Elliot mouthed 'what the hell'. Keeping the thought of the old couple ignoring us, away. I roam around the stalls of flowers and look at the curiously at their shape and design. Elliot was just at the entrance, too scared to get beaten by a honeybee. I'm not goona lie, I was afraind of it too but the beauty of the flower was enough to captivate me away from the fear.

*****

I don't like to brag or anything but I can't wait around whole day for a bouquet of flowers. It's been already thirty-five minutes. I asked them if they had one,I didn't even asked them to give me one but it looks like they're growing one now. Elliot was long gone from the shop and in other vintage shops of clothing. Now thinking about it, I should've gone with her and come back later for the bouquet. Just picking up a random bouquet, I looked at the price and it wasn't that costly so I set the money on the counter and took off.

I searched around the shops to see a tall, blond and shimmering figure and I'm glad I found her in time to see chatting away with some old people and actually enjoying it. Elliot's never like the one to chat with old people, let alone strangers. She always feel disgusted so it was a surprise to see her actually making a conversation with the old ones. Then again, the new Elliot doesn't fail to surprise me now a days. I tap her shoulder and smile apologetically to the pair of old women and excuse Elliot away.

"Are those jasmie fowers?" Elliot asked me curiosuly and I frowned and shook my head. "They didn't come back uptil now?" I nodded and she simply laughed.

"I just took a random boquet, here you can have that." I offered her the boquet but she slapped my hand away.

"No thank you, I'm fine being not attracted by bees." She said sarcastically and we made our way to the car.

"Where to next?" Elliot asked clutching her seatbelt. I pondered for a few minutes then blurted out.

"Any park, maybe." Elliot nodded which was quite surprising and we took off.