19

Hey baby, I had a call, I needed to do a meeting out of town. I am sorry. I hope you're better now, text me, call me, let me know you're fine. I'll be back soon.

XoXo - hope your favorite coffee and croissant cheers you up a little.

- Shawn x

Camila smiled softly at the note left on her table, she sat in her chair and looked at the schedule.
A lot of paperwork as always but that wasn't big of a deal to her.
She studied Shawn's schedule and saw how he hand company meeting with his dear brother and other co-workers. Camila has to do it on her own now.

She sighed looking at the clock it's for half an hour.

Before that she checked other paper work and ate what Shawn got her. Quickly before the meeting she texted him.

I'm better, thank you so much -C.

She walked inside the room and saw she's the first one arrive so she sat down.

I'm glad. Are you tired? -S.

She bit her lip, why's he so carrying?

No, I've a meeting now. Did your start? -C.

Oh, I forgot on that. No I'm still driving to the place -S.

Okay. We'll meet tonight. Right? -C.

Of course -S.

She locked her phone as others came in, everyone eyeing her probably questioning what's this lost girl doing here?
Ugh it didn't even start and she can't wait to end this meeting.

Cameron wasn't here, so apparently Hailey came in just like Camila did for Shawn.

Surprisingly Camila didn't feel anxious about her meeting where she had a main word, she actually felt confident in herself.

"Good morning everyone, welcome to this early meeting. I hope you are aware it's really important, boss is out of town so he left me to speak up for him"

The time went by slow and Camila lost her every nerve, her head started to hurt and patience was low.
God how did Shawn do this everyday?

Walking out she saw no notifications on her phone, he's probably on the meeting now.

Her head literally hurts because of the protests made by Cameron's workers and Hailey. How they all spoke at the same time made no sense what they even did say.

"Hey Camila" someone said behind her and she turned around to meet a blonde girl.

"Hey Sarah" she smiled politely "um I was wondering if you could help me with something" Camila's phone started to ring "yeah sure" she said looking down at it, ID call.

Locking it she looked at girl "show me" Sarah nodded and leaded her to her table "what are you dealing with?"

"Just this is something I can't - I mean boss found a mistake and I can't find it to fix it -"

"Oh okey, just check the main page where are the all information, that's where it's usually problem" Sarah nodded and opened the page on the computer, "that" Camila showed with her finger at the screen.
"Thanks - do you wanna get the coffee or something?" Sarah asked Camila, showing her a smile.

"I'll see later, because I've a lot to do" her phone rang again and she excused herself and went inside her office.

"Hello?" The other line was silent "hello, who's this?" she asked again.

"Camila?" The voice was quite.

"Yes who is this?" she tapped her finger on the back of the phone "how don't you reconise me?" she swallowed and closed her eyes "Matthew?" her voice was heavy and numb.

"Yea -"

"What do you want?" She asked him "I um - can I see you?"

"Why?"

Her heart beat was strong and she couldn't control it.
What does he need?

"I need to apologise" she chuckled "you know I can't forgive you" she pathetically said to him, she heard him sigh.

"I don't even want you to forgive me, can you just meet me?" She bit her lower lip looking at the clock "um where?"

"Down the street of the mall, can you meet me in 15?" He asked, Shawn won't be here until late night so she nodded her head saying "I'll be there"

After she ended the call she sighed heavily, is this mistake? What is he gonna say more? Is he gonna hurt her? She washed her head with thoughts and picked up her coat and left the building as quickly as she could.

She texted to Shawn just to be sure he isn't coming yet.

Is your meeting over -C.

-

Cuban girl walked inside the cafe, looking over, her chest felt heavy and head started to hurt even more.
She saw him sitting at the table his head turned to the side.

Her steps were dragging but she made it next to him. She sat opposite of him, far away trying not to make any contact with him.
"Hey" his voice sounded happy "hi" she whispered "I'm glad you came" she nodded showing no emotions.

"Do you wanna drink something?"

"I'm fine"

He nodded looking at her eyes "I'm um - I'm sorry for everything I did. I um -" she rolled her eyes and looked out of the window "sorry just that? You killed my sister!" She said through teeth angrily "I know! I take the blame, what can I do? I can't give her a life"

"But you took it away from her"

"Look Camila I don't want anything from you. I just want to know how you're doing"

"I'm doing fine" she annoyed said "don't be like that" he said trying to reach for her hand but she quickly moved it down on her lap "don't dare to touch me"

His lips in line, "you know I'm doing perfect, I have my dream job I'm working hard but it pays of -" she breathed in, licking her lips she looked at him with anger.

"That's good" he said "I also needed to take this off my chest everything, I'm really sorry"

"Stop with sorrys. Were you ever sorry when you hit me, when you told me disgusting things, when you liked my sister?!"

"I am now!" He almost screamed rage in him because she made him feel guilty.

"Well now will not change anything, you were dead to me!" She slapped her hand on the table. Her phone dinged and it lighted up.

Yeah finally. I'm coming now home -S.

His head hang down low "I - I hope you find someone better Camz" she felt uncomfortable at the nickname he used before "yeah I did - he's so much better than you ever will be - he's nothing like you"

"Nothing like me"

"Well you see Matthew- he's a man" she stood up angrily with tears peeking her eyes but she couldn't show him.
He gripped her hand as she tried to leave "Camila, I - need to give you something" he put in her hand cold metal and she didn't look at it, "keep it"

"Rot in hell Matthew don't even contact me again"

She stormed out, smacking the door behind. Breathing heavily she rested her back on the wall next to it.
Opening her eyes she looked at her palm and saw the stone on the top of the ring. She gasped softly and shocked her head.

"God" she whispered "what's happening?"

A/n: I hope you don't hate me. This chapter is awful. But please give me some feedback I appreciate everything. Ly ❤️