Chapter 118: Ready To Let Go

Start from the beginning

Aubrey Graham:
Dri, I need to talk to you. Can I please see you baby girl? Call me?

She closed her message app and got ready to get off the plane. Thankfully she'd only brought a carry on so she didn't have to go to baggage claim for her luggage. Another thing she was thankful for, that she'd left her car at the airport so she didn't have to catch a cab. Following Klay's advice she went into the first gift shop she spotted and went inside to purchase a hat and some sunglasses. Not that it did her any good. As soon as she stepped outside there were cameras in her face and flashing lights. People were shooting questions at her left and right.

"What Can you tell us about you and Klay Thompson?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Did you fly to The Bay Area just to see Klay?"

"How long have the two of you been dating?"

She was trying to keep her head down and push through the crowd but she was one small person and it just wasn't working. She sighed and stopped walking. "All I'm going to say is that Klay and I are getting to know each other. Now if you would please excuse me, I have somewhere I need to be."

"What does that mean for you and Drake?" Someone asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Drake? He and I haven't been together for almost eight months now so I don't know what you mean."

"But the two of you were recently spotted having dinner...."

She cut them off. "Friends can have dinner. Like I said, Klay and I are getting to know each other. He's very sweet and I enjoy his company. Now I'm sorry but I really need to go." She pushed through the crowd with determination and some of them continued to follow her but she ignored them until they finally left her alone. She really didn't know how anyone handled them on an everyday basis.

When she finally made it home the only person she contacted was Klay.

————————————

Ignoring the call from Rihanna Drake opened his Instagram app and went to Adriana's page. He checked her page regularly and she hadn't posted anything since the day after they'd had dinner. But he wasn't looking for a new post. He was looking for something else. He clicked on the list of followers and soon found Klay's name in that list. He wondered when he'd started following her because the last time he checked, Klay was definitely not following her. He went back clicked on the last photo she'd posted and read the caption over and over.

🌅 Every single day you wake up is a new day to be great. Don't ever let anyone keep you from your that greatness. "Keep your head up." #PostiveVibes

Why was the keep your head up in quotations. He'd never wondered that until now. For some reason his mind was all over the place. He clicked on the likes to see who had liked the photo and Klay's name was towards the top. He clicked on the comments next and read through them until he found what he was looking for.

klaythompson Yes, keep your head up. That's some solid advice. 😉😊

He rolled his eyes and let out an annoyed chuckle. Of course it was something Klay had said to her. This really couldn't be happening. Klay Thompson couldn't be taking his baby girl from him. He couldn't even really be mad at Klay though. Adriana was beautiful inside and out and he had let her go on some dumb shit. This was on him. But even knowing that, he was still upset, fuming even. He definitely needed to let off some steam so he called Jonny Roxx to get a session in. A lot of good it did him. He was still upset even after that. Especially once he'd seen that Adriana read his message but didn't respond. How was he supposed to talk to her and try to get her back when she wouldn't even return a text message? "Fuck!" He said out loud. He was desperate so he called Chubbs.