Chapter 28: The Choices We Make And Their Consequences...

Warning: a knife is used at one point, but it is NOT self-harm

Word Count: 1.5k

Michael's Point Of View

Michael had done it. He had gotten Y/N her memories back, but at a terrible price...

He'd been hostage to the SQUIP before, but never like this. Never had he played host to it. 

He walked up to a mirror, moving himself as if adjusting to a outfit of clothing. 

Thanks Michael.

...

Awe... Not feeling chatty?

You got what you wanted. Leave me alone.

You know this isn't going to be easy for you, right? I mean... You were to stop resisting me it would be, but what're the chances of that happening, right Michael?

Do what you will, but I'm not giving up or giving in. I'm strong.

Oh believe me, I know you're strong. That's why when I find your weakness and break you, it'll be that much more satisfying. 

...

I'm in your brain, Michael. Soon enough I'll find out what it is. You can't hide from me anymore.

Michael was scared. He wanted to cry, but he didn't want to give the SQUIP the satisfaction either.

Rich's Point Of View

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Hello?" Rich answered the phone groggily.

"Rich, where are you guys? Y/N and I are at the motel." Jeremy said. "Also... What the hell did you do? Because Y/N remembers."

"She what?"

"She remembers who I am. She has her memory back. What did you and Michael do?"

"Michael?" Rich looked around and noticed that Michael wasn't in the car. "Michael?!" He yelled away from the phone.

"Is he not with you?" Jeremy asked.

"He was."

"Where are you? We'll come to you."

"I- I don't know. I fell asleep. There's nothing out here. It's like the middle of nowhere. Go on snap maps. Find me on there."

Rich saw a shadow pass by the window of the car.

"What the hell?" Rich said, partially to himself.

"What? What's going on?"

Jeremy's Point Of View

Rich didn't respond.

"Rich?" Jeremy said. "Rich!"

The line went dead.

"Shit. Shit." He cursed throwing his phone down. 

"What happened?" Y/N asked nervously.

"I don't know, but whatever it is. It's not good." Jeremy pulled up maps on his phone.