Chapter 17: Big Bad Trouble

Word Count: 2.4k

The SQUIP's Point Of View

All three of them. He had complete control over Y/N, Jeremy, and Michael. This couldn't've turned out any better. He could torture each and every one of them from the inside out, being trapped inside themselves, helplessly alone.

Reader's Point Of View

Jeremy snapped his fingers, and Michael woke up from the ground. But Michael wasn't fully lost at that moment. He was still somewhat broken out from earlier.

Jeremy noticed this.

"Y/N. Restrain Michael back." Jeremy commanded me. 

Michael saw me headed for him and began to run, but I was faster. I got in front of him and grabbed him as his body collided with mine.

I wrapped my arms around him, clasping them together with my fingers.

Michael squirmed and struggled to break free of my grasp.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no." Michael kept repeating as he shook his head.

Jeremy walked towards us.

Oliver's Point Of View

Oliver's body felt used and worn down, totally powerless. 

His arms were shaking as he tried to use them to push himself up.

He looked around, for the first time in months, being able to see through his own eyes. He saw Y/N restraining Michael, and Jeremy by them. Oliver knew what that meant.

He could see Rich and Vanessa's bodies laying on the ground as well. 

He had to sneak out. He had to get out of there, but he wasn't going to leave them behind. 

If there was ever a time to run, the time was then.

Oliver shakily and quietly stood up, running over to Rich and then to Vanessa and waking them up. Vanessa woke up, but Rich wouldn't, so Oliver carried him. 

They ran out the back, trying to be unseen by their friends under the SQUIP's influence.

Reader's Point Of View

Jeremy was doing what Oliver had been doing to Michael, but was going longer to make the effects last. While Jeremy stared Michael down, his conversion taking place, I noticed Oliver and Vanessa leaving with Rich. 

"They're leaving." I said.

"Let them go. They're no threat to us. They're insignificant." Jeremy said, maintaining eye contact with Michael. 

Michael's breathing pace picked up immensely and the circuit veins were covering more of his skin, getting more and more engrained into him. His eyes were glazing over, fogging up his mind, marking that he had lost any will he had had left and was now nothing more than a vessel for the SQUIP to control.

I let Michael go and he stayed. He didn't try to run or escape. 

Jeremy smiled at his handiwork. "Excellent." He said.

---------------------------------------------

We moved locations, since we had been found out once already.

It was actually a place I had gone to a lot before. Near there was a creek, and I loved to listen to water while I would write. I hid one of my journals inside a brick that was falling off the nearby building.