24 • OFF WEEK PT1

Start from the beginning

"But I still saw you," she said embarrassed, "was different..."

He chuckled ruffling her hair like she was some little kid who just did something funny, "Only joking kiddo."

"Stop that!" she pushed her way out of his arms, "mean.."

He quickly grabbed her hips and spun her around once again to carefully bring her body down to the bed. She could only let out a laugh at his actions with the biggest grin as her back hit the bed, grabbing at his shoulders for support.

His lips collided against hers with needy force; his muscled biceps easily holding her in place and she could never bother to argue. Their lips moved against each other's fervently; Parker mewling as her head started becoming hazy with lust, a feeling she rarely felt until Pat (a feeling she didn't know how to handle). Slowly he began to drift away from her mouth and pepper kisses down along her jawline, nipping at her neck.

She groaned his name as she pushed against him. Her body felt weak. This was their first kiss for the first time in a day or two. Sometimes they'd be too busy to remember what simple a peck was, but then a moment like this would make up for it, "shouldn't we get going?"

Patrick's head immediately snapped up for their eyes to catch, he saw she was flustered and it only added to his fire of confidence in his actions, "probably." his hand stroked her hair lovingly.

"You're heavy."

"Sorry." Patrick hadn't realized he'd put a good amount of his body weight onto her. He pushed himself so he was hovering over her all the weight on his forearms, "you gonna be okay without me?" he said winking with this wicked smirk, as if he could read her mind.

"Don't need you dumby,"

"Sure."

The goalie pouted, but quickly grabbed his neck and pulled him back down to her. His heart was beating almost deafeningly, she could hear and feel it. Patrick smiled against her lips muttering the line she did earlier, "shouldn't we get going?"

"I hate you." she said with the biggest smile.

Parker felt different and it was hard to explain even to herself. Her stomach would twist with fear with the thought of being away from Patrick, her mind would wander to him and only him. She wasn't the type to be dependent on someone (or so she thought), their close friendship had caused an immediate closeness that most people wouldn't have when they start dating. They knew each other's lives; background, the good and bad, and would see each other at their worst due to hockey.. He was always there.

She didn't want to admit to Patrick that the thought of separating from him (for even a week) was stuck on her mind. It was hard enough for Parker to admit to herself that he made her feel this way. They clicked like nothing else, them dating was so natural and instant it was as if they'd been together for much longer.

But Patrick understood everything she felt without her having to say; he saw her hesitant body language and cautious eyes. For some reason with her he could see it all.. but he wasn't going to say something that could make her feel bad or sound insensitive, he never could. Maybe they just hadn't expected to be separated for a bit, but it wasn't a big deal. They had plenty of time stuck together in the upcoming months.