Tip #3

(#OtakuForPresident)

Tip #3: Embrace your Otakuteness

All fanfics, every single one of them, stand out with their jargonese. Be it Japan, Korea, China or Hollywood, when you're writing a fanfic you fully experience not just your fave MCs, but the culture that produces them. Being an otaku isn't belonging to a secret society anymore, it's living like a tourist without even stepping out the door.

How to embrace that you're an Otaku:
1. Don't be restrictive, mention all of the many shows, books and manga that you idolise (let the lack of variety speak for itself)
2. Make a minimum of 10 fanfics about the same show (follow the rule "show don't tell" - show your passion for your interest, don't tell it's ridiculous)
3. Mix all your interests on the same fanfics (what can be more awesomest than a Kawaii K-pop Harry Styles?!)
4. On the title of your fanfic add "X Reader" to the designation of your fandom (Don't know what a fandom is? Grab a mirror and ask yourself, I'm too busy!). Everyone has that stalker fantasy they secretly want to engage in, especially stalked celebrities who experienced it on their own skin (and privacy).
5. Publish the first 5 chapters all at once on a Saturday late night, this will make sure they're only read by other like-minded nite owls (such as yourself).
6. Post three announcements every day on your profile (one before you forgot you needed to announce your new chapter, one for when you forget you posted an announcement and a last one to make sure everyone relevant has already unfollowed you by then) with extremely unique content, such as: news that everyone can look up on the Internet, feeling lonely because no one reads your stories and the new poop your dog made in the kitchen floor.
7. Use a bunch of Gen Z expressions in your stories so that millennials will be forced to skip your fanfics because they think you're a troll.
8. This goes without saying, but the trick about being an otaku is using the wrong jargon at the right time. In order to do so, though, you need to be perceptive enough to notice how
your favourite catchphrases can be used in a creative way, and then forget all about that.
9. (Optional) Go to your list of followers and message them "I'm too much into being an otaku for you to understand, but in case you do please unfollow me".

A study shows that 55.1% of the world population these days has internet access, of those 55.1% only 25% don't confuse the concept of internet with "world wide web". The remaining of those are otakus and within these, about 123% are using Wattpad as of today.
(Source: knowyourmeme.com)

Don't forget to vote!