CHAPTER TWENTY

THE TATTERED SOUND OF A MACHINE BEEPING FILLED A WHITE-WALLED ROOM, A MONITOR MOVING WITH THE RHYTHMIC BEAT OF A GIRLS HEART; Her darker red brows furrowed, a small ounce of movement parted her lips in a drowsy way

THE TATTERED SOUND OF A MACHINE BEEPING FILLED A WHITE-WALLED ROOM, A MONITOR MOVING WITH THE RHYTHMIC BEAT OF A GIRLS HEART; Her darker red brows furrowed, a small ounce of movement parted her lips in a drowsy way. Her eyelashes fluttered attempting to open, but the teenage girl is too tired to even open her eyes. A groan stifled from her mouth, muffled by the beeping but person heard it. The person appeared at the bed side of Edythe Rose Swan. Her red hair was sprawled out over her shoulders and breath.

"Edythe" The person murmured, his golden eyes looked over the redhead as her eyes squinted at the sound of her name. Her eyes fluttered a bit until her hazel eyes revealed themselves. She looked to see Emmett Cullen hovering over her bed, well a bed. She glanced at the white blankets with dark blue pockadots scattered across the sheets and blankets. She deemed this room as childish.  She glanced to Emmett raising a hand against his cheek feeling him lean to her touch.

"I hate hospitals, I always have" She said looking at him. She lowered her hand sitting up a bit when she glanced around the hospital room seeing it was just them too. "How long have I been out?" Edythe asked glancing at her boyfriend noticing her arm was bandaged up and even she saw her broken fingers had a brace wrapped around; dark navy blue. At least it's my favorite color

"It is Friday now. You had a concussion. You have been in and out for awhile" Emmett said looking at her. "This is the first time your having a full conversation" He inquired with a smile.

The redhead curtly nodded her head, her hazel eyes landed on Emmett with a kind smile. She licked her lips feeling a thirst for some water it was as if Emmett read her mind, he handed her a cup of water and she eagerly downed the water. Edythe coughed a bit "Uh, what happened to James?" She finally asked looking at him calmly fearing that he may still be out there. "Stephan, Jasper and I killed him after Edward pulled him off Bella," he said in disdain.

"The smell of blood was too much for Jasper and I at first. I left the room for a while. But I thought of you and how much you needed me" Emmett said wrapping his fold fingers around her hand interlocking their hands together. "James is dead? That's good" Edythe relaxed in the bed after a good long breath. "Charlie? And Renee? What of my parents" Edythe suddenly asked sitting up instantly looking to her boyfriend, "I need to know the story, so I can go along with it."

"Oh," Emmett said, a frown ceased between his eyebrows. " Edward came to Phoenix to talk some sense into
Bella, to convince her to come back to Forks." Emmett looked to Edythe in the eyes. "Then you followed after Bella to get her home. Bella agreed to see Edward, and she drove out to the hotel where Edward was staying with Carlisle and Alice of course he was here with parental supervision," he inquired virtuously, "but Bella
tripped on the stairs on the way to Edward's room and well Bella's know the rest" Emmett tenderly caressed her hand in his, "Although you don't need to remember any details, though; since you got your head."

Edythe curtly looked to Emmett, "if Bells fell down the stairs. How did I supposedly get hurt?" She asked with eyes wide. Emmett smirked a bit "You and Bella were arguing about getting home. When she tripped you tried to save her and well you fell with her" He said which Edythe laughed softly in amusement. "You only fell breaking a few fingers, one rib and hit your head against a wall" He replied shrugging his shoulders.