Chapter 30

Max

Ahem!" Grandfather clears his voice and we all turn to him. Nik is suddenly looking all defensive and he stands up to face grandfather.

Oh no! These two!..... I think.

"Harold!" Nik says

"Nikolas Starlinksy! Grandfather says as they face off

" How dare you just take Max like that? How? You just can't do that,we were worried sick about him!" Nik says

"Maybe you should take better care of him! You have failed to do so, I expected better from you !" Grandfather says back

"Who are you to have expectations of me? Only Max has the right to demand or have expectations from me, you're one to talk Harold! You almost left him homeless,spare me the useless anger!" Nik says fists clenched

"I had my reasons, I'm of the mind to maybe take Max back with me,who knows, next time he might not survive if I leave him with you!" Grandfather says

"I'm not going anywhere" I add wincing from the slight headache I'm feeling.
Nik smirks at grandfather when I say that and comes to my bedside.

"This isn't over!" Grandfather says as he storms out

"That doesn't sound good" I tell Nik as he lies down in the bed and holds me close. I snuggle into him and inhale his warm calming scent.

"Don't worry about it, how are you feeling right now? He asks pushing my hair back from my forehead.

"Much better" I tell him tightening my arms around him

"I want to kiss you so bad" he says looking into my eyes smiling

"What are you waiting for?" I ask smiling back

"You have a concussion!" I say eyes wide open

I just pull his head down and put my lips on his. He was startled for a moment then he holds the back of my head and kisses me back slowly. He pulls away and holds my head by his chest.

Nik won't even shift from my side once. We just lay there talking about everything and nothing. Nik is just holding my hand and he thinks I don't notice him checking my monitor every now and then. I guess he wasn't over the accident as he seemed. Clearly he was still worried.

"Look at me" I tell him as he turns his head away once again from staring at the monitor.
I frame his face in my hands and look him straight in the eyes.

"Nikolas Starlinksy, stop worrying too much, I'm fine" I tell him

He laughs startled and says,
"I'm not worried"

"No way, I saw you checking on me every ten minutes pretending to touch my hair but you're actually checking for my temperature" I pout

"Okay fine, you caught me, its taking me a little bit of time to absorb that you are alive and well" he says slightly pecking my lips and leaning back on the bed.

"I'm good,I would tell if I wasn't" I say adjusting my position and laying my head on his chest.

"I know" he says putting his arms around me.

"I wonder what happened to the proposal we actually came here for" I say feeling kind of funny"

"You literally stole the show mister" he says

"I know" I say putting my hands over my face.

"The starlinksys' don't do things in bits, we go big!" Nik's says laughing pulling my hands from my face.

"Max!" Max!" I hear anxious voices calling me

Yeah,the whole family is here and mom is already crying and Ventura won't even talk to me but her eyes are red from crying.

"I'm so glad you're fine sweetheart, we've been so worried" Nik's mom says wiping her eyes with a tissue and giving me a big hug

"So glad you're good son" Nikolas senior says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you all for being here" I say to them feeling a bit emotional once again.

"Of course we had to come" Nik's mom says

I turn to look at Ventura but she is still angry, tears in her eyes. It hurt seeing her like this! She was so lively, sassy and full of energy. She was a trouble making kind, very stubborn too.

"Won't you give your Doctor Maxy a hug" I say opening my arms out wide.

She looks at me and wipes her eyes but still she doesn't move to hug me. As I'm about to drop my arms, she comes hurrying and hugs me sobbing. I hold her tight to my chest trying to soothe.

"I'm fine sweetheart, I'm alright" I tell her feeling teary eyed as she nods her head trying to wipe her tears. I pull her next to me and wipe her tears away.

"We can't wait to take you home" Nik's mum says coming to rub Ventura's back.

"Me too" I say.

After chatting and talking and catching up. We eat and I've never been so glad to have them here. We watch an old comedy show together and at some point, I even dose off but when I wake up. They are all there still being their amazing selves.

There is a knock on the door and the doctor comes in and says,

"Can you all excuse us? I need to check on my patient" he says

They all nod and go out the door as he Doctor comes in and checks my vitals. After he's done with the routine, he looks at his chart.

Seems I'll recover fully according to him.

Were getting into it now...yaay
Hey guys,sorry for not updating sooner. Been really busy and tired. Almost put this on hold but I knew I'd be too lazy to write after that.