Chapter 8- Marriage Proposal

Start from the beginning

"I am thinking of hosting. Not in the mood of taking part in anything." 

"Okay! I am also confused." She replied.

"But, we both are going to dress in black and red. This is final." She said in a warning tone at which he chuckled.

"Sure."

Pain rippled in his orbs as he came back from the flashback. 

"These memories will never make me happy." He murmured helplessly.

……………………..

Class participation activity was going on in which students were researching the Renaissance era. The topic was going to start, so Sahir wanted all of the students to get acquainted with the terms themselves.

Instantly, a student entered the classroom and greeted him. Sahir turned toward her and nodded his head at her.

Saba salam him with a bright smile and went toward her seat. Iqra told her about the activity and she took out her mobile to start her work

During this whole time, Sahir remained quiet. He kept on gazing at Saba while his mind drifted toward the conversation with his father.

What about Saba?

She is a girl suffering because of you.

If a person is not loyal, he doesn't deserve your love.

Saba felt the gaze and raised her eyes to see him. He rapidly turned his orbs toward the other student.

She again started working while Sahir's mind was a hodgepodge of thoughts.

"Sir, we are done." A student called out,  causing him to come out of his daze.

"Yeah, okay." He nodded his head with a numb mind and pointed toward a student to share his points.

…………………

It was another marriage hall where Sahir and his family were attending a marriage. It was Sahir's cousin's marriage and all of his relatives were present there.

It was the same scene. Sahir was sitting in between his relatives who were discussing his profession and marriage with all their might. And in between them, he was trying to keep himself calm.

"What about that girl with whom you were present in the bridal room?"

An uncle asked him this question at which anxiety crept into his being.

"It was a misunderstanding, Uncle." And then he told him the whole incident.

"But the girl's cousin was saying that she went there deliberately." Another uncle added at which frustration took over him.

"I don't know about it." 

"The girl who did this was shameless. Today's girls have forgotten their moral values." One of the uncles commented, making him anxious.

"There must be a misunderstanding. The girl is an innocent one." Mr. Sikandar commented at which Sahir nodded his head.

"Then why was she in the room?"

This conversation was now making him furious. All of them were assuming things and speaking of it without considering the sensitivity of this issue.

"You have seen how our society is dealing with this issue." Mr. Sikandar said when they were in the car.

"We are listening so much. What about Saba's family? They will surely be facing hell." Mrs. Amna commented at which anxiety took over him.

"I thought that people would forget about it," Sahir said in a low tone with a smirk etched on Mr. Sikandar's face.